Server 2008 r2 Expired
H i have downloaded and installed server 2008 r2 OS in my pc, while downloading they mentioned it as 180 days trail pack. but it expired in 10 days. what i have to do now with that expired version. is that possible to extend the os into 180 days pack now? if so please let me know. and guide me to how to do that ? Please?
November 3rd, 2010 9:04am

is that possible to extend the os into 180 days pack now? Hello, Yes it is possible to extenmd the evaluation period. To do so: 1. Start an elevetaed priviledge command prompt by typing RUN and then CRTL+SHIFT+ENTER in the Search box. 2. Type slmgr.vbs -rearm and press enter. 3. Restart the Server This will extend your eval another 180 days. Miguel Fra / Falcon ITS Computer & Network Support, Miami, FL Visit our Knowledgebase Sharepoint Site
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 3rd, 2010 9:20am

Hi, Windows Server 2008 R2 evaluation doesn’t require entering a product key. However it will require activation within 10 days. The 10 days activation period can be reset five times by using the rearm command. Please take the following steps to manually rearm the 10 day activation grace period. How to manually rearm the 10 day activation grace period When the initial 10-day activation period nears its end, you can run the Slmgr.vbs script to reset it back to 10 days. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, and then click Command Prompt. 2. Type slmgr.vbs -dli, and then press ENTER to check the current status of your activation period. 3. To reset the activation period, type slmgr.vbs –rearm, and then press ENTER. 4. Restart the computer. More information, please refer to: Windows Server 2008 R2 evaluation version How to extend the Windows Server 2008 evaluation period Best Regards DalePlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
November 4th, 2010 1:32am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics