Server 2008 frequent Bluescreen
Hi guys -I just recently started having blue screens on my server... I wouldn't even know it happens until exchange says it lost a connection then I run terminal services into the machine and it asks why it was restarted... not quite sure how to troubleshoot this one...Server 2008 is running on a vm in ESX server 3.5.. Problem report states this:Extra information about the problemBCCode:d1BCP1:0000000000000058BCP2:0000000000000002BCP3:0000000000000000BCP4:FFFFFA8004F00777OS Version:6_0_6001Service Pack:1_0Product:272_2There were 3 files associated with the dump but I'm not sure what to do with them.. Mini070508-01.dmpsysdata.xmlVersion.txtAny basic help would be greatly appreciated... not quite sure how to troubleshoot this one.Thanks
July 6th, 2008 8:32pm

Hi, In order to narrow down the cause of the issue more efficiently, let us refer the following steps to perform a Clean Boot and restart the computer in Safe Mode to isolate third party application influence. Step 1: Perform a Clean Boot 1. Click "Start", go to "Run", and type "msconfig" in the open box to start the System Configuration Utility. 2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click Disable All (if it is not gray). 3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK". Then, restart your computer. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the box and click "OK". Step 2: Reboot to Safe Mode 1. Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple Operating Systems, you can press the F8 key when you see the boot menu. 2. When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe Mode, and then press Enter. 3. Log onto Windows by using the Administrator account or any user account with the Administrator privileges. Please note: In Safe Mode, your system display and desktop will look and perform differently than in Normal Mode. If the problem continues, we may need to analyze the memory dump to locate the root cause. For memory dump analysis, I would like to suggest that you contact Microsoft Product Support Services via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with this request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call. To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers. Hope the issue will be resolved soon.Your potential. Our passion.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 7th, 2008 1:23pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics