Server 2008 and Outlook 2007 - "Dialog Box Open" Pop-Up for New Profiles
First, I'm new to Server 2008 so that is probably the issue, but what I am experiencing is the following: Appointments popped up but I cannot do anything with the window. Clicking any button has no affect. Task manager shows as running. I logged off and then on as the domain admin and deleted the users profile. I repeated the process and all appeared to have been fine again. I tried sending an email to this user and he receives it but clicking on "Reply" has no affect like above. To install Server 2008 and Office 2007 I did this: Logged into server as domain admin Added domain users as local admins Office 2007 installed without errors Logged in as domain user Launched Outlook 2007, setup appeared to have run ok. ----- EDIT: Here is more of what I found: A few times I had an error pop-up that said something like "There is a dialog box open. You must close that to continue". This was only happening for new profiles. If you open WORD first, then Outlook you do not have the problem. After that there are no more problems unless you create a new profile (someone logs into the computer for the first time) and launch Outlook for the first time. After working with MS support the issues appears to be a bug that was recently identified. They said to update Office 2007 to SP1 then apply a hotfix named: "office-kb950282-fullfile-x86-glb" that will be released to the public soon.
March 26th, 2008 4:04pm

What hardware are you running? All drivers installed? Aero enabled? Desktop User Experience installed? I'm running OL2k7 with no problems on 2008 RTM on a HP 8710W with Aero enabled.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 26th, 2008 6:08pm

Thanks for the reply. You probably applied all of the patches first - I forgot that step. I've edited my first post to add more detail. Thanks for the reply.
March 26th, 2008 7:00pm

I ran into this same issue. I installed the Hotfix as suggested by the previous poster, and all problems were resolved. I found the hotfix hosted by Microsoft here:http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=950282&kbln=en-us
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 2nd, 2008 5:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics