Server 2008 adoption rates
I’m writing a proposal trying to convince my company to move from 2003 Standard to 2008 Standard both using Active Directory. I’m having a hard time finding 2008 adoption rates that would reflect small business. Does anyone have any helpful links you could point me in the right direction to do some reading/research with some hard numbers?
February 17th, 2010 10:35pm

I would recommend that you evaluate the new features that 2008 brings to the table and make a proposal based on how 2008 will reduce your costs via stability, performance, security, etc...Even if it is being adopted quickly, if your business does not need it at the moment, why would it make the expense? Visit my blog: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 17th, 2010 11:08pm

the best answer you will get to that question i think would come from contacting a msft sales person. they will be able to give you general sales figures. besides that, take a look at the product and make sure it makes sense for you. do you have current needs / issues that 2008 will fill / solve? do you already own 2008 licenses? etc. hth /richhttp://cbfive.com/blog
February 17th, 2010 11:11pm

We are deploying XenServer on our newer server hardware and while depolying W2k3 I noticed the dc's weren't even W2k3 R2. I didn't do the original install. We do have one W2k8 Server Standard which is running Hyper-V. Since we're switching to Xenserver we will not need that and I figure I can just transfer the license to another machine. So I've been salivating at the idea of using that as a W2k8 DC/ADDS. I can defiantly see benefit to upgrading, I'm just not sure that things like Windows Core installation, AES 128 and 256 bit encryption for Kerberos, Self-healing NTFS is going to mean anything to them.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 18th, 2010 12:58am

yea, i can totally understand that. if you think that they will be more responsive to adoption data, you may want to ping a sales person. not sure if one of the msft moderators knows off the top of their head, but some of their sites have instant chat windows and perhaps they could point you in the right direction. if that doesn't help, let me know and i can ping one of my friends at msft to see if they may be able to look up that data. thx. /richhttp://cbfive.com/blog
February 18th, 2010 1:25am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics