Server 2008 Wan/Lan Conflict
Hi, I am running a server with two NIC interfaces, one for internet and one for my local LAN. The server is running ICS to share the connection. I have a dedicated server running on port 27030 (www.srcsd.com)It all works fine when someone connects over the WAN, but for some reason when I connect from my local network to the same server, everybody else gets timed out. Ive tried to check the packets coming from the WAN and when I connect localy, not one single packet from the WAN reaches the server on port 27030. Is this a known problem? And is there any way to fix it?//CHRILLE
November 14th, 2008 1:13am

Hi CHRILLE, Please first verify configuring all the Windows Client obtain an IP address automatically in the local network. Could you tell us how you tried to access dedicated web server (www.srcsd.com) when the internal clients got timed out? Do they browse the website directly via www.srcsd.com:27030 or www.srcsd.com or ipaddressofthewebserver? If so, when the clients in the LAN try to access the website, please try browsing the website via the internal IP address of the dedicated server, which also appended with port that you use internally. If the dedicated web server is also in the LAN, you may try creating a CNAME record of the website server (www.srcsd.com) on the internal DNS server to resolve the web site name to the internal IP address of the dedicated server. If possible, please run "ipconfig /all" both on the ICS server, the dedicated web server and the clients. You may post the result here for further research. Hope it helps.David Shen - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 17th, 2008 1:38pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics