Server 2008 Task Scheduler
I have a vb script that opens excel and fills in information from servers on my network. It runs twice a day on an XP machine with no user logged on.I am trying to get it scheduled on my server 2008, but it will only run if I am logged on.I do have the check box logged on or not checked.Why won't it run if I am logged out.
December 17th, 2009 10:20pm

Hello Computersgs, Thank you for posting here. According to your description, I understand the scheduled task does not run on Windows server 2008 if you are not logged on. As you have checked on the box " Run whether user is logged on or not", please also enable the option "Run with highest privileges" in the General page of Task Properties to see if the issue goes away. If the issue continues, please go to the page of task's history and let us know the detail Event logs about this task failure. Sincerely, Wilson Jia TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 18th, 2009 9:10am

Dear Customer, I just wanted to say hi, and to see how things are going. I haven't heard back from you yet and I was wondering if there are any updates on the service request. Thanks. Sincerely, Wilson Jia TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
December 21st, 2009 4:57am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics