Server 2008 Share Keeps Going Offline
I have a share (called HOME) on a server 2008 enterprise installation. I'm accessing this share from server 2003 and xp machines.When the server comes online the share is accessable and working fine....but after a random amount of time (which could be 5 minutes or 2 days) the share seems to go offline. I can still get to the volume from the server itself....but not from anyweher else on the network.There is nothing in the event log, and I cannot work out what is causing this problem.Does anyone know what the problem could be?
August 7th, 2008 12:30pm

1)can you reach your server from the cleints after the share is lost.I mean are you able to ping the server from any of the clients ?? what happens when you go to client and try accessing shares\\server\sharedfolderwhat kind of error you get ?2)it can also happen ifIPC$ share is missing in your server. Clients make remote connections with the help of IPC$ and Namedpipes slots. This is a default administrative share. This should appear in each machine on the network or your network is not going to function properly or clinets can't connect to each other.These shares are lost when the value of "AutoShareServer" is 0 in registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManServer\Parameters It should be 1. If this happens again simply restart "Server service" from services.msc snap-in. It is just to make sure that there is nothing wrong with Administrative Shares (IPC$)3) Can you please disable windows firewallor any other third party firewall and the AV on the server and monitor for few days.Hope it helps if it doesnt we are here for you Syed Khairuddin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 7th, 2008 4:06pm

Syed Khairuddin said: 1)can you reach your server from the cleints after the share is lost.I mean are you able to ping the server from any of the clients ?? what happens when you go to client and try accessing shares\\server\sharedfolderwhat kind of error you get ?2)it can also happen ifIPC$ share is missing in your server. Clients make remote connections with the help of IPC$ and Namedpipes slots. This is a default administrative share. This should appear in each machine on the network or your network is not going to function properly or clinets can't connect to each other.These shares are lost when the value of "AutoShareServer" is 0 in registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManServer\Parameters It should be 1. If this happens again simply restart "Server service" from services.msc snap-in. It is just to make sure that there is nothing wrong with Administrative Shares (IPC$)3) Can you please disable windows firewallor any other third party firewall and the AV on the server and monitor for few days.Hope it helps if it doesnt we are here for you Syed Khairuddin Yes, when the problem occurs the server is still pingable and reachable. I can connect to the server, and even goto the share on the server......just not from any client machine or another server. If I try to browse to \\server\home it takes around 60-120 seconds and comes back with the error "The specified network name is no longer available".I have browsed and searched the registry for"AutoShareServer" in the registry, but it does not exist? I have already uninstalled Symantec AV, and double checked that no services have been left behind. Firewall is disabled.I should also point out that there are a few shares on the server, and non are visable once this problem occurs. i.e if I goto \\server\ I dont get any shares listed.I have tried to "restart" the SERVER services as suggested, but I just get "windows is attempting to stop the following service", then after a couple of minutes"windows could not stop the server service, Error 1053: The server did not respond to a start or control request in a timely fashion".Many thanks for any help you can give.
August 7th, 2008 4:41pm

Go to commad prompt and type net share on the server and let me know what you see there.Syed Khairuddin
August 7th, 2008 4:48pm

Hi, I am a bit unclear about 'after a random amount of time (which could be 5 minutes or 2 days) the share seems to go offline.'? Do you mean offline files that are enabled by 'Always Available Offline' option? or something else? For your reference, I list some related factors to the share folder access as following: <1>Folder and file permission: ===================== Please ensure you grand users the corresponding share and NTFS permissions. <2>User Authorization: By default, user account use itself user name and password to authorize. If fails, it will use Guest account to authorize. If still fails, the dialogue will pop up to force us to input proper user name and password. <3>Services: Workstation service: Creates and maintains client network connections to remote servers using the SMB protocol. If this service is stopped, these connections will be unavailable. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Server service: Supports file, print, and named-pipe sharing over the network for this computer. If this service is stopped, these functions will be unavailable. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. <4>Group Policy: Access permission: ================= Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/User Rights Assignments/access to this computer form network Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/User Rights Assignments/deny access to this computer form network <5>Guest account: =============== Guest account is enable or disable Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/ Security Options/Network access: sharing and security model for local accounts If you enable 'only guest can access sharing', please make sure you enable Guest account on the client and server. Please check them one by one. If this problem still persists, please provide me the detailed symptom.
August 8th, 2008 1:27pm

For clarity.... this has nothing to do with offline files and folder. When I said the share goes offline I mean that we cannot access the shared folders on the server, even though the server is on and the folder can be access from the server itself.Syed... thanks for your help. I've been waiting for the problem to occur again but typically it is taking longer to crash than it usually does. I have done a net share command whilst the server is working fine, and it says; Share name Resource Remark -------------------------------------------------------------------------------ADMIN$ C:\Windows Remote Admin C$ C:\ Default share H$ H:\ Default share IPC$ Remote IPC HOME H:\HOME Caching disabledPublic C:\Users\Public SHAREDAREAS H:\SHAREDAREAS Caching disabledSharedDesktops H:\SharedDesktops Caching disabledVETSHome H:\VETSHome Caching disabledThe command completed successfully.As soon as the problem occurs again I will run a net share again and post the results.
August 8th, 2008 5:25pm

Morgan CheMSFT said: Hi, I am a bit unclear about 'after a random amount of time (which could be 5 minutes or 2 days) the share seems to go offline.'? Do you mean offline files that are enabled by 'Always Available Offline' option? or something else? For your reference, I list some related factors to the share folder access as following: <1>Folder and file permission: ===================== Please ensure you grand users the corresponding share and NTFS permissions. <2>User Authorization: By default, user account use itself user name and password to authorize. If fails, it will use Guest account to authorize. If still fails, the dialogue will pop up to force us to input proper user name and password. <3>Services: Workstation service: Creates and maintains client network connections to remote servers using the SMB protocol. If this service is stopped, these connections will be unavailable. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Server service: Supports file, print, and named-pipe sharing over the network for this computer. If this service is stopped, these functions will be unavailable. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. <4>Group Policy: Access permission: ================= Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/User Rights Assignments/access to this computer form network Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/User Rights Assignments/deny access to this computer form network <5>Guest account: =============== Guest account is enable or disable Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/ Security Options/Network access: sharing and security model for local accounts If you enable 'only guest can access sharing', please make sure you enable Guest account on the client and server. Please check them one by one. If this problem still persists, please provide me the detailed symptom. Morgan...dont want this thread to get confused. The share is working fine for hours or sometimes days at a time, so I dont believe there is a problem with how the security of the shares is configured. Ill post net share results again once the share goes down again.
August 8th, 2008 5:30pm

Right...the problem has occured again....and I have a little more info.It seems that the shares are still visible from our others server 2008 servers.....but not from any 2003 server or xp machine.The net share command doesnt seem to have changed; Share name Resource Remark -------------------------------------------------------------------------------ADMIN$ C:\Windows Remote Admin C$ C:\ Default share H$ H:\ Default share IPC$ Remote IPC HOME H:\HOME Caching disabledPublic C:\Users\Public SHAREDAREAS H:\SHAREDAREAS Caching disabledSharedDesktops H:\SharedDesktops Caching disabledVETSHome H:\VETSHome Caching disabledThe command completed successfully.
August 8th, 2008 5:47pm

I have also just spotted this error in event log around the time of the problem; File Server Resource Manager failed to enumerate share paths or DFS paths. Mappings from local file paths to share and DFS paths may be incomplete or temporarily unavailable. FSRM will retry the operation at a later time. Error-specific details: Error: NetShareEnum, 0x80070842, The Server service is not started.
August 8th, 2008 5:56pm

Thanks for the post once again. Can you please refer the following Kb article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924035Thanks Syed Khairuddin
August 9th, 2008 8:46am

TheKB article you suggested is for server 2003 R2. Could you just confirm that you want me to do this as the problem server is running server 2008.Many thanks.
August 9th, 2008 2:34pm

Yes please go ahead because we are not going to add or delete anything with regards to registry or .dll files its just a matter of giving permissions Syed Khairuddin
August 9th, 2008 2:45pm

Ok, I have just checked, and Authenticated Users group is already a member of the builtin/usres group on both our domain controllers.
August 9th, 2008 2:58pm

Would you please remove and re add it again ? and restart the server Syed Khairuddin
August 9th, 2008 3:25pm

ok, I have now done this. I'll let you know what happens.
August 9th, 2008 4:30pm

Just a quick update...the server has been stable for the past 24 hours, although it is weekend and nobody is accessing it..... I will update tomorrow (Monday) and let you know if it continues to be stable or not.
August 10th, 2008 5:28pm

Its now been stable for around 36 hours. I'll monitor over the next week or so and report back if there are still problems....but so far so good.
August 11th, 2008 2:57pm

The shares have all just become unavailable again...so sadly the problem still exists.
August 11th, 2008 5:44pm

Can you please post the event id and the complete event received in the Event viewer ?Thanks Syed Khairuddin
August 13th, 2008 3:11pm

I'm not college guy, but I'm having the exact issue to a tee that he described and would appreciate any insight into the problem. The error ID is 12317 Log Name: ApplicationSource: SRMSVCDate: 8/29/2008 3:37:00 PMEvent ID: 12317Task Category: NoneLevel: WarningKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer:nameDescription:File Server Resource Manager failed to enumerate share paths or DFS paths. Mappings from local file paths to share and DFS paths may be incomplete or temporarily unavailable. FSRM will retry the operation at a later time. Error-specific details: Error: NetShareEnum, 0x80070842, The Server service is not started. Event Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="SRMSVC" /> <EventID Qualifiers="32772">12317</EventID> <Level>3</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-08-29T21:37:00.000Z" /> <EventRecordID>657</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>name</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data> Error-specific details: Error: NetShareEnum, 0x80070842, The Server service is not started.</Data> <Binary>2D20436F64653A20504D43414348454330303030303534322D2043616C6C3A20504D43414348454330303030303531352D205049443A202030303030313937322D205449443A202030303030313931362D20434D443A2020433A5C57696E646F77735C73797374656D33325C737663686F7374202D6B2073726D7376637320202D20557365723A204E616D653A204E5420415554484F524954595C53595354454D2C205349443A532D312D352D313820</Binary> </EventData></Event>I am not entirely convinced this is the core problem, it may be a symptom. This error seems to occur immediately on the restart after the system comes back up, not immediately before the failure of the file shares. But it is as college guy describes. You simply cannot access any unc resources to that server from a non windows 2008 source. I don't have any vista around here, or I'd give that a try. Windows 2003 and Windows XP SP3 don't work however. It seems vague, like the fileshares just stop working at random times and there is no error logged anywhere. This may end up neccessitating a support call, but I'm reluctant to open one on an issue I can't readily duplicate. Any insight would be appreciated especially from college guy if he found a solution.
September 4th, 2008 11:04pm

Hi! I have the same problem!!! Did youfind a solution?
September 9th, 2008 12:34am

I'm having the same issue as you. Another symptom I had was that the DHCP client service was disabled. Do you have that as well?
September 22nd, 2008 2:25pm

If you have Symantec Endpoint Protection installed, update it to MR3. SAV 10.2 has the same problem. Don't see any reference to DHCP, though... http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-security.nsf/docid/2008061812370848?Open&seg=ent
September 24th, 2008 7:18am

Hello!I have thist problem, W2K8 x64 Ent. ed.After many test settings, shares work fine with low file i/o when I remove Hyper-V role from server.We use SEP 11.0.2 MR2, but I disable this fisrt time when I have this problem.If you like, i will send a system enviroment andtest phasesnottoo short:)))Peter Tarodi
September 26th, 2008 4:42pm

I am getting this error on my test file server. It is running Windows Server Enterprise 2008 SP1 with all current patches.However this error is generated after I reboot the server. I can not find anything in the event logs that indicate the loss of sharing. It appears to drop dfs and standard file shares. I was preparing to migrate about ~600 home directories to this server, but not now... I am running a Forest with 3 subdomains. Root, DomainUPG1, DomainUPG2, and TargetDomain. The file server is in the target domain. Users are (for now) in theUpgrade domains. These domains are running in 2003 mode. I tried the authenticated users solution. (Removed and added the group.) This error still occurs. I am using deep path to map the users home shares. IE TargetDomain.Root/homedirs/folder/user. The dfs share is homedirs. I was able to force this error by logging into a vista work station and xp work station with the same user at the same time.--Error Follows-- Log Name: ApplicationSource: SRMSVCDate: 11/18/2008 10:50:03 AMEvent ID: 12317Task Category: NoneLevel: WarningKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer: fileserver.target.root.localDescription:File Server Resource Manager failed to enumerate share paths or DFS paths. Mappings from local file paths to share and DFS paths may be incomplete or temporarily unavailable. FSRM will retry the operation at a later time. Error-specific details: Error: NetShareEnum, 0x80070842, The Server service is not started. Event Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="SRMSVC" /> <EventID Qualifiers="32772">12317</EventID> <Level>3</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-11-18T15:50:03.000Z" /> <EventRecordID>2945</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer></Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data> Error-specific details: Error: NetShareEnum, 0x80070842, The Server service is not started.</Data> <Binary>2D20436F64653A20504D43414348454330303030303534322D2043616C6C3A20504D43414348454330303030303531352D205049443A202030303030303730302D205449443A202030303030313537322D20434D443A2020433A5C57696E646F77735C73797374656D33325C737663686F7374202D6B2073726D7376637320202D20557365723A204E616D653A204E5420415554484F524954595C53595354454D2C205349443A532D312D352D313820</Binary> </EventData></Event>
November 18th, 2008 8:48pm

Any update on this issue? I am having this problem too. I have even seen this on servers without any anti-virus installed. I had my TAMopen a trouble-ticket with Microsoft and it was no help. We worked on thisfor several days and finally gave up. Ended up downgrading several servers to W2K3 R2.One more data point, this happens on both physical and virtual servers (ESX) and the problem seems to manifest itself more frequently if the number of connections is relatively high. I still have a couple of W2K8 file servers that will occassionally have this problem but since they have low usage my tolerance for pain is higher.--Greg
January 15th, 2009 7:22pm

Hello Guys,I'm using win2008 server and i've got the same problem as well, what do you think guys is it bugs?Thank you & Happy thoughts, ----Benjz----
January 16th, 2009 6:38am

Hi,Eventid.net had this listed.http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=12317&eventno=7906&source=SRMSVC&phase=1From a newsgroup post: "One of my staff members called Microsoft and they said that this is a bug that they are working on. You can turn the error off by going to the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SrmSvc\Settings" registry key and setting "DisableSearchDfs=1"".Apparently it is a bug with Windows 2008. Hopefully they will fix it soon.I have a question for those who have this issue.Does it affect DNS shares as well or just NeBios shares?Eg. Can you connect to the share from \\server.domain.local\share That may narrow it down. Also have you forced Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP in the properties of TCP/IP?I haven't played with Windows 2008 much yet but I remember when I launched Windows 2000 that dispite DNS being the protocol WINS and Netbios still played a huge roll. To this day I have a WINS server installed and will have as long as I use NetBios names for resolution.Is WINS still an option for Windows 2008?Cheers,Laralforbes
January 16th, 2009 7:13am

i have the same problem. shares appear to drop about 5 minutes after restarting windows. does anyone got a solution for this sharing problem of windows? kindly share ;-) thanks.
January 27th, 2009 11:03am

HelloI have also this Problem, but i have no DFS-Shares? Works the Workaround with den Registry also if I have no DFS-Shares?thanks.
February 11th, 2009 4:00pm

Hi Guys,Check to see if you have Symantec Endpoint Protectioninstalled on your servers and clients.We had this problem with 11 MR3 (even though Symantec claims it is 10.2 MR2 & 11.0 MR2).http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-security.nsf/docid/2008061812370848?Open&seg=entSo we upgraded to 11 MR4 and that fixed it for us.But we need to upgrade both the clients and the servers.We tried just the servers first, and that did not fix the problem.I would also recommend staying at MR4 for now and not install MR5 (unless you can do some serious testing).As we upgraded to MR5 and this problem started again.This problem also affects Win2K3 servers as well.http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2007102613484948Needless to say we are switching to Microsoft Forefront AntiVirus ;)Hope this helps.ChrisChris
February 12th, 2009 3:51am

I have exactly the same symptoms with a Windows 2008 STD 32 bits and Symantec SEP 11 MR4-MP1a. I opened an incident with Microsoft: they point out Symantec SEP 11 and give me link for a fix. (http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-security.nsf/docid/2008061812370848?Open&seg=ent) Also no Microsoft fix or patch will be available regarding this issue. So Id like to know if one of you meets this problem without Symantec software installed when connections problem occurred.
May 12th, 2009 1:22pm

I am not running ANY antivirus at all on the box that is running Server 2008 on a windows 2003 domain and I just started having this issue after the server was released for use in the network. It seems to be fine for ashort period of time after a reboot and then it sort of disappears from the network. You can ping it by name and IP but other than that it is pretty much non existent. When you rd into it and try to login it takes a while and then gives an error related to USER PROFILE path etc.. REBOOT and no problems at all for a little while. Our tech disabled the use of DFS and recreated the shares thinking that it had to do with an incompatibility with 2008 in a 2003 domain and DFS. The problem is occuring again. If ANYONE has found a fix please let me know!THANKS!sb
June 23rd, 2009 4:24pm

Hello all, Well we are also having the same problem. We have two shares, Data and Data2. We went live with Data2 about a month ago and had no problems. Then Friday afternoon we went live with the Data Share. Then monday morning, both shares have gone offline. It has done it two other times. The Symantec End Point (SEP) client is 11.0.4.014.26, and I have it disabled and it still does it. I have also removed and added authenticated users to Users in Built in and it still happens. Has anyone had any luck resolving this?? HELP! Mike
August 18th, 2009 8:20pm

We are experiencing the same issues. Here is what I have found and it might be helpful.We had Symantec Endpoint installed and after reading various posts on the issue we had one of our engineers uninstall it. The issue continued. After hours of research we decided to increase the IRPStacksize on our server. (you can google for the registry entry). This made the server stay up for about 4 daysopposed to the 2 days we were staying online. Then the drives dropped again. We discovered that there is a problem when XP connects to a Server 2008 shared drive. It never closes the port connections to the server. If you run netstat -an on the Windows2008 Serverwhen the drives drop you will notice there are hundreds of ports in the CLOSED_WAIT status. This is the cause of the share drops. I have not confirmed yet butI believe ifthe XP machines can't see the drives a Vista or another Server 2008 machine will be able to see them. After further review of the server we noticed that even though the Symantec End Point was uninstalled the services and program files were still present, one of the services was also still running. TheClient Manager service for Symantec stayedenabled. We disabled it and have since rebooted. We havenothad a problem yet and there are no CLOSE_WAIT status on the server anymore. Overall I think this is a bug with the communication of Server 2008 and XP. I will keep this status posted over the week. Take notice of the port in CLOSE_WAIT. If it is port 445 this is the SMB port for File Sharing.According to other research when you uninstall Symantec Endpoint it never completely uninstalls it. You have to call Symantec and provide them your software serial number and they will allow you to download load a piece of software they call Cleanwipe. This completely removes the software from the server. Even after runnign this they have to walk your though removing some registry entries. We will be acquiring this software tomorrow. I will post the results.
September 5th, 2009 11:26pm

Hello i have this error on a windows 2003 server standard R2 SP2 menber of domain :File Server Resource Manager failed to enumerate share paths or DFS paths. Mappings from local file paths to share and DFS paths may be incomplete or temporarily unavailable. FSRM will retry the operation at a later time. Error-specific details: Error: NetShareEnum, 0x80070842, The Server service is not started.Souce : SRMSVCType : WarningEvent ID : 12317I have 2 domain controler w2k3 and i have not this problem...This error is log in event viewer just after the computer reboot.I have uninstall the FSMR and the error disapear : problem is FSMR not DFS (i don't install DFS), i have set to 1 the variable in registry disablesearchdfs the problem is already here...Thanks for your help,Arnault.
October 11th, 2009 8:02pm

Hi I have exactly the same problem. Our only windows 2008 std server was fine until we installed Symantec Endpoint then this started. we removed symantec and for at least 6 months this problem appeared solved.The last couple of days its resurfaced eventhough we have not re-installed Symantec on this machine. Its highly irritating as we have a few users that rely on this box and when it goes offline it messes up a lot of things.I also noticed thed same event ID that has been posted as well at roughly the same time as the shares stop responding.Please can some one let us know if there is a fix for this?
October 30th, 2009 11:56am

Im having this same problem over and over again, the only solution is to reboot the server with the DFS share. Is there any update on the problem? Im not using Symantec Endpoint.
April 14th, 2010 4:00am

If you are using SAV at all it could be the issue. Make sure that all of your 2008 Servers are using at least version 10.2.4.4000 In my experience our machines had this issue and had 10.2.2.2000 and they would intermittently go offline. It must have been load based because the heavy hitter definitely saw more issues that the lighter use servers. Microsoft and SAV support were very familiar with the issue and pointed us in the right direction very quickly.
April 14th, 2010 5:12pm

I have exactly the same symptoms with a Windows 2008 STD 32 bits and Symantec SEP 11 MR4-MP1a. I opened an incident with Microsoft: they point out Symantec SEP 11 and give me link for a fix. (http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-security.nsf/docid/2008061812370848?Open&seg=ent ) Also no Microsoft fix or patch will be available regarding this issue. So I’d like to know if one of you meets this problem without Symantec software installed when connections problem occurred. Me too! I am not running ANY antivirus at all on the box that is running Server 2008. Our tech disabled the use of DFS, but it´s still with problem. The problem is occuring again. If ANYONE has found a fix please let me know! THANKS!
August 10th, 2010 7:52pm

This is happening to me with a 2008 File Server as well. I am running Symantec but I am running 11.05 so that is not the issue as mentioned above. Anyone find the solution to this problem?
August 24th, 2010 4:59pm

I am having the same issues. I have found that if I make the users a local admin on the server all the shares start working which is crazy. My problem seems to occur weekly with losing the printers and shares and have found no answer to the problem.
September 28th, 2010 4:59pm

Please let us know any one found a solutions or hotfix for the above issue. we are facing the same issue and looking for fix. Please help, Thanks in Advance...
February 28th, 2011 8:21am

After reading this whole thread, I have an additional question. Q? Are users with this issue, using TCP/IP v4 and v6 on problem 2008 servers?W.Maxx MCITP MCSE MCSA MCP 2k8 2k3 2k nt4 AD, Exchange, DNS, msProject, SharePoint IBM iSeries RIM blackberry
February 28th, 2011 12:07pm

Hello, I am having the same issue with a few variations. I am getting Event 12317 and it occurs 1 time per hour. So I get about 24 of these a day (including during the evening). I am not using DFS so there is no reg key to disable for this issue. I have a Windows 2008 Server R2 Standard 64bit OS which is a file server. It does have the Hyper V role installed with 2 virtual machines. I have found a lot of questions surrounding this event but I haven't found one that includes the same environment variables or frequency which I have. Any ideas outside of opening up a Microsoft Support Ticket. I am using SEP 11.0.6005.562 on this server and on my clients. Log Name: Application Source: SRMSVC Date: 4/6/2011 4:43:18 PM Event ID: 12317 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: fileserver.domain.local Description: File Server Resource Manager failed to enumerate share paths or DFS paths. Mappings from local file paths to share and DFS paths may be incomplete or temporarily unavailable. FSRM will retry the operation at a later time. Context: Domain: [Domain] Error-specific details: Error: DfsMapCacheAdd(Domain), 0x8007054b, The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="SRMSVC" /> <EventID Qualifiers="32772">12317</EventID> <Level>3</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-04-06T23:43:18.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>32319</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>fileserver.domain.local</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data> Context: Domain: [Domain] Error-specific details: Error: DfsMapCacheAdd(Domain), 0x8007054b, The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. </Data> <Binary>2D20436F64653A20504D43414348454330303030303830322D2043616C6C3A20504D43414348454330303030303732362D205049443A202030303030323236382D205449443A202030303030323433322D20434D443A2020433A5C57696E646F77735C73797374656D33325C737663686F7374202D6B2073726D7376637320202D20557365723A204E616D653A204E5420415554484F524954595C53595354454D2C205349443A532D312D352D313820</Binary> </EventData> </Event> CM
April 6th, 2011 8:22pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics