Server 2008 SP2 slow showing sessions in Shared Folders
HiI havemultiple servers running MS Server 2008 SP2 with shared folders. When I open the "Computer Management" console and select "Shared Folders" and "Sessions" it is very slow to update the running sessions and it seems to react really slow. With Server 2003 this was done without any delay.Any one seen this problem?/LasseLasse
September 15th, 2009 1:55pm

HiPlease install the below mentoined hotfix to resolve this issue. please checkit applicable for your server or nothttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/970987/DevaTry hard to get what u like (or) you will be forced to like what u get"
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 15th, 2009 3:10pm

Hi LasseF,I do not think windowscodec.dll is the correct / suitable workaround, because when you are opening computer management, you are using mmc.exe as a parent process, and the parent process spawns child process respectively.when you click shares, compmgmt queries the registry and populate the necessary results along with dlls So i need to know is that problem with only share --> sessions or anything on compmgmt.msc ?sainath !analyze
September 17th, 2009 6:30am

Hi Lasse,It seems that you encounter the issue like this threadhttp://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/winserverfiles/thread/cce917a6-fba2-4b03-b52d-f8ade29523edWe have reported this issue to product team, when there is a hotfix, we will let you know.currently, you may use "net session" command to list active sessions and use "net session \\computername /delete" to delete an existing session on Windows Server 2008. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 17th, 2009 12:58pm

Hi DavidIt's the exact same problem we are encountering.I already use the Computer Management Console from our Server 2003 but it's nice to know that it's a known problem and hopefully a hotfix will be released.Is this a error that occur on random servers or does all servers running Server 2008 SP2 32Bit have this problem?I have just done some testing. We have the following servers with Server 2008 SP2:Server1HP ProLiant ML350 G5Domain memberServer2HP ProLiant ML350 G5Domain memberServer3HP ProLiant ML350 G6Domain ControllerFile- and printserverServer4HP ProLiant ML350 G6Domain ControllerFile- and printserverThe problem only occur on Server3 and Server4.Mighttheissuebewith HP ProLiant ML350 G5 and some drivers orbecause they are Domain Controller's???Itried opening the Computer Management Console on Server1 and Server2 and thenconnected to Server3/Server4 to see how the "Shared Folders\Sessions" updated and it's working with only a slight delay./LasseLasse
September 17th, 2009 2:37pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics