Server 2008 R2 running Exchange 2010 restart randomly
Please Help Urgently Installed a new server recently at one of our clients, but it keeps on restarting randomly for no reason. OS: Server 2008 R2 and running Exchange 2010 Motherboard: Intel Server Board S3420GP CPU:Intel Xeon Processor X3430 8M Cache 2.40 GHz RAM:Kingston Value Ram Module 8GB 1333MHzDDR3 Harddrives: Seagate - 250Gb SATA - 7200rpm,32MB Cache for the OS, Seagate - 1TB SATA - 7200rpm,32MB X 2 for User data and Exchnage Data. DVD-ROM:LG OptDrive 22x DVDRW SATA Non- Lightscribe Chasis:Intel Server Chassis SC5650UP and Huntkey 700w PSU. I have swoped all the hardware accept for the harddrives, I have updated the BOIS with the newest firmware I could download from Intel and Installed all the newest drivers for the motherboard.I have turned off the automatic updates on the server. Thanks Kobus
October 22nd, 2010 4:14am

do you have any entries in your event log, suggesting its a bluescreen or what initialised the reboot? if theres nothing, is the power plug firmly attached/the machine on a usv?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 22nd, 2010 5:14am

Hi, Please understand that to troubleshoot the auto-restarting issues, we usually need to perform debugging. However, in this forum, we do not provide debugging support. If you would like to perform debugging, please contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS). To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request, please refer to the website listed below: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS If you are outside the US, please refer to http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers. Tim Quan
October 24th, 2010 11:15pm

Hi Yes, the power cable is firmly attached to the UPS and to the power supply of the server. I even changed the power cable and removed it from UPS. I have connected another computer to the UPS and it seems that the UPS is working fine. There is no Bluescreen, the only error we can see in the eventlog is the following: Event 41 Kernel Power General: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. The error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. Log name: System Logged: 2010/10/22 12:01:04 AM Souce: Kernel-Power Task Category: (63) Event ID: 41 Keywords: (2) Level: Critical OpCode: Info Details: +System -Event Data BugCheckData 0 BugCheckParameter1 0x0 BugCheckParameter2 0x0 BugCheckParameter3 0x0 BugCheckParameter4 0x0 SleepInProgress False PowerButtonTimeStamp 0 Thanks Kobus
October 25th, 2010 3:36am

Hi Tim Thanks , we will give them a call to help us with the debugging. Kobus
October 25th, 2010 3:39am

Good Day Did the following and Server is up and running for more than a week now without any restarts 1) Click Start, go to All Programs, go to Accessories, right-click on Command Prompt, click on Run as administrator. Click Continue if prompted. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Allow. 2) At a command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Processor /v Capabilities /t REG_DWORD /d 0x0007e066 3) Restart the server for the changes to take effect. Once the server has been restarted, monitor it to see whether or not it sporadically restarts again. Kobus
November 10th, 2010 6:44am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics