Server 2008 R2 Foundation edition - User and number of devices
I understand that foundation edition has a limit of 15 users and 30 SMB connections. Can 1 user account be logged in and accessing server files from a desktop and laptop at the same time? In other words, can a single user account be logged in and connected concurrently using multiple devices? Thanks in advance
November 5th, 2010 2:15pm

Hello, from my understanding as long as you don't overcome the limits, you can connect with the same user account as often you need.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 6th, 2010 9:54am

Hi, As far as I know, you can do it and “Meinolf Weber” is right. According to my test, I can login to the same domain with the same domain user account on two domain computers. Although I have no Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation edition can be used to test, they have the same working mechanism for this feature. For more information about Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation, please refer to the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/foundation.aspx Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
November 8th, 2010 1:38am

Thank you for your help.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 8th, 2010 5:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics