Server 2008 R2 Administrator Password
I setup a Server 2008 standard R2 with Hyper V. I have forgotten the Administrator password on both the local and virtual side. Both the local and virtual have the same Administrator password. I do have my own account on the local side and I am in the administrator group. I understand from some of the post here that I can change the Administrator account from my account, but is there a way to bridge from the local to the virtual side and change the Administrator account there using my account?
August 19th, 2011 2:34pm

You should consider making a password reset boot CD image. Configure the VM to boot to the .ISO and run through the password reset process. There are many utilities that will perform the reset. One popular free program to do this is available at the following URL: http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/ Brian
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 19th, 2011 7:53pm

I blanked the password and I still cant get in.
August 20th, 2011 8:22pm

Let's see if anybody else has some other ideas.
August 20th, 2011 9:54pm

Hi If you are in the Administrators group then you should be able to reset the password. Follow the guide in this link : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754651(WS.10).aspx#BKMK_NetFndtn_ChngPWD_2008 BR René
August 21st, 2011 11:29am

For Windows Server 2008 R2 domain password reset, I've ever tried many ways to solve the forgotten password problem. Finally, I chose the Windows Password Recovery Corporation to help me. Step1. Google search "Windows Password Recovery Corporation", download and install in any available computer. Step2. Create a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive. (A blank CD/DVD/USB Flash Drive is needed) Step3. BIOS set. Boot computer from the created CD/DVD/USB Flash Drive and set BIOS setup. Step4. Reset Windows server 2008 or 2008R2 password to Re123456.
August 27th, 2011 12:01am

Hi, Yes. If the virtual machine's network card is bridged to your physical NIC you can either connect using HyperV's console to the VM or using remote desk connection from the host. If you have admin privileges with your user account u can reset the password. And don't set it as a blank password I am not sure that could work. I think it's the easiest way. Good luck.MCTS...
August 28th, 2011 4:07am

Hey PJHANSON, Thank you very much! This was a huge help! Thanks Again, Mr Mister
November 8th, 2011 1:04pm

Hi jeacklayten, I purchased the Windows Password Recovery It does not work. When I tried to change the location of where the windows file is located, the Windows Password Recovery interface is grayed out and it is pointing to the drive where the software is. Can you help? I contacted support at Windows Password Recovery, however, there have not given me a resolution,
November 18th, 2011 8:01am

Do you have another administrator user account? You can use it to reset other accounts password. Contact with Microsoft for help, this maybe a little waste of time but they can help you. Or you can google for a password Recovery tool to help reset Windows 2008 local or domain admin password. I have heard that Windows Password Rescuer Advanced can reset password instantly. Windows password reset by four steps!More about:Windows 7 password reset,Windows Vista password reset, Windows XP password reset.
February 7th, 2012 3:46am

Hi jeacklayten, I purchased the Windows Password Recovery It does not work. When I tried to change the location of where the windows file is located, the Windows Password Recovery interface is grayed out and it is pointing to the drive where the software is. Can you help? I contacted support at Windows Password Recovery, however, there have not given me a resolution, I tried the methods described in windows server 2008 r2 forgot administrator password?. It worked file and helped me reset windows server 2008 domain administrator password easily.
April 12th, 2012 10:03am

You can use reset windows server password disk to reset your lost windows server 2008 password. This is the best window password recovery way. Hope this ways can help you solve your windows server 2008 password problem.
July 16th, 2012 11:15pm

You can use reset windows server password disk to reset your lost windows server 2008 password. This is the best window server 2008 administrator password recovery way. Hope this ways can help you solve your windows server 2008 password problem.
July 16th, 2012 11:15pm

Method 1: Reset password on Windows Server 2008 with just the Windows Installation Disk. * Insert the original Windows Server 2008 installation DVD * Reset the computer, boot from DVD * Choose option "Repair your computer" * Start command prompt * C:\ * CD C:\Windows\System32 * MOVE Utilman.exe Utilman.exe.bak * COPY Cmd.exe Utilman.exe * You may also need to "Enable" the administrator account which can be done by using "NET USER administrator /active:yes" * Restart windows * At the login screen, type Windows-U, this fires up cmd.exe now * NET USER administrator Presto! Login as administrator! * Now repair computer again and move the original Utilman.exe back Method 2: Third party windows password recovery toolkits Step1. Download Smartkey Windows Password Recovery Enterprise and install in any available computer. Step2. Create a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive. (A blank CD/DVD/USB Flash Drive is needed). Step3. BIOS set. Boot computer from the created CD/DVD/USB Flash Drive and set BIOS setup. Step4. Reset Windows Server 2008 administrator password to Re123456.
July 27th, 2012 5:58am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics