Server 2008 R2 - Dis-Join Computers From Domain

Hi All,

I have this client that recently has been integrated and is working out of our Cloud. They had numerous Servers at their location including a couple of Domian Controllers. They also have a Synlogy that is joined to the Domain.

1. I want to know the best and easiest way to have the workstations dis-joined from the domain.

2. I want to Shutdown the Domain Controllers and have the Synology removed from the Domain

They do have a VPN to our Data Center

What would be the best prectice to accomplishing with minimal hiccups. Any help is appreciated.

Bill...

September 11th, 2015 5:35pm

Hello,

1. you can add the clients to your domain, local admin password of the machines is required.

2. have you a need to keep data from the Synology?\

But what about user accounts etc.? Must they be migrated in your domain?

Actually you have provided too less information for better help.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 12th, 2015 9:37am

Hi TECHNO_199,

Based on my understanding, you want to disjoin multiple computers and the Synlogy NAS server from the domain.

We may remove a computer from a domain locally by changing its domain or workgroup in computer name/domain changes.

It is also supported to remove a computer on DC. Log on DC as an administrator, open active directory users and computers, click computers and select the computer you want to delete. However, after deleting the computers in AD, we still need to change its domain to workgroup on local computer.

In addition, here is the article about how to remove a domain controller from a domain:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771844%28v=ws.10%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Besides, it seems that your problem is more related with directory service, maybe you can post it to DS forum for better solution. If you want to visit DS forum, you may click the following link:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/home?forum=winserverDS&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Best regards,

Anne he

September 14th, 2015 1:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics