Server 2008 R@ and enabling telephone services
I have a LG PABX which I need to extract call datea from, so I purchased from LG the TAPI module for the PABX. The installation instructions from LG say that the TSP for LG software must not be installed on a server running AD, so I built the server as a workstation mode. The only role activated is File services. The software installed and i can see TSP for LG in the phones and modem option of Control Panel. However when I try to activate the telephone services check box I get the following error "An unknown error ocurred 62791" Lookin around it seems to point to the need for AD?? How do I get telephone services operating? Thanks Mike
May 30th, 2011 12:27am

Hi Mike, Is this Windows Server 2003 in a domain now? According to the following article, you need to join the Windows Server 2003-based computer to a Windows Server 2003 domain or to a Microsoft Windows 2000 domain. Then, enable the telephony server. You receive an "An unknown error occurred 62791" error message or an "An unknown error occurred 62795" error message when you try to enable the telephony server on a Microsoft Windows Server 2003-based computer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/895982 Regards, Bruce This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 2nd, 2011 5:55am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics