Server 2008 Master Browser Service
Hi there, Currently in my work enviroment we consistenly get an error when trying to browse our network, specifcally the error says that we do not have permission to access the domain. From my research I understand that this is a problem when no server has been elected to be the master browser, after doing some more research I have found that even computer workstations are taking part in the election process in my work domain. Basically what I would like to do is have my PDC as the master browser and disable all workstations for competing in the election process. Is this possible, also would there be any reason to why windows xp workstations are competing in the election process at all? Environment PDC - Windows Server 2008 R1 (Physical) Secondary DC - Windows Server 2008 R1 (Virtual) Other servers - mixture of win 2003 r1 & r2 and win 2008 Workstations - predominately windows xp but some vista and 7 Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
November 24th, 2009 2:42pm

Hi, Please refer the following article to troubleshoot your problem. Troubleshooting the Microsoft Computer Browser Service http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188305 Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 26th, 2009 11:25am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics