Server 2008 Internet Connectivity Issue
Hi all, Help me i am not able to connect to ditectly to the internet..thorugh my static ip addresss My Unified network adaptor shows Acees local only. is there any feature have to install into the os. to access the internet directely....i can use internet thorugh proxy server but i want to connect internet directely pls reply
May 30th, 2009 10:13am

Hello Pandits,please describe your network built, swicthes, router and how the server is connected with them. Also an unedited ipconfig /all from the server could be helpful.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to the Forum
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 31st, 2009 2:12pm

hi pandits,please be clear about the infrastructure such as a) Operating system b) firewall configuration if anyc) subnet information d) is the issue happening with only one specific client or on the entire subnet ?e) when did the problem started ? was this working earlier ?sainath windows driver development.
May 31st, 2009 6:32pm

Operating system: Server 2008 Enterprise 32 BitNo Firewall between the server and internet line...i am having problem with only server 2008. windows xp machine or server 2003 machine connects shortly to internet by entering static ip addresss.....kya zhole hai pata hi nahi chal rahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.becouse of this problem i am not able to configure exchange. pls help me
June 1st, 2009 8:43am

hi there, can you open Network and sharing center and check if there is an red x from your domain to internet / client to internet ?can you check if this is happening on another windows 2008 server ?, when you say unified network adapter is this a cisco unified ?are you able to ping the gateway from your windows 2008 server ?when you static ip , is this an private IP address or public ipaddress ?sainath windows driver development.
June 1st, 2009 9:37am

with conjuction to Sainath solution. Please also check the dns settings of the client machine if it pointing to the dns server correctly.Thankshttp://technetfaqs.wordpress.com
June 1st, 2009 10:39am

There is always present redx to domain to internet....i am not able to ping to the any site. i have checked dns seting its allright.....i am also not able to ping from server 2008 to my getway. i have checked my getway setting also...that all settings are ok.
June 3rd, 2009 9:30am

when i am clicking on dignos & Repair tab its shows error msg windows failed to find well known host www.microsoft.com Using DNS. The Server may be down.i thing i am having problem with my CD of 2008. But its licensed.i will change the cd of my installation and get back to you...
June 3rd, 2009 10:30am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics