Server 2008 Administrator Password Recovery
A company had to remote connect into a Windows Server 2008 machine that I manage, andthey changed the administrator password by accident. I need to recover this password if at all possible, so Iwon't lose the encrypted files stored on the machine. How can I do this?If it is not able to be recovered, how can I change it? I tried ERD commander 2005, but it is too old to detect the OS. I would really rather not have to reformat the entire RAID array and start over, so any help would be greatly appreciated.I am looking to do this using either built-intools or free utilities.I am locked out of the server entirely and need to regain access.
October 24th, 2008 9:02pm

If the server is a member of the domain just open computer management (start > compmgmt.msc). Right click the top of the tree and select connect to remote computer. Enter the name of the other server then navigate down to Local Users and groups, users, and right click on the administrator account and select reset password.If it isn't a member of the domain you'll need to reset it via a third party tool as you described. I use Hiren's Boot cd which has several password resetting tools.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 25th, 2008 1:23am

If you mean the local administrator password, because we have no system reset tool like reset disk in Windows 7/Vista, you can use Windows Password Rescuer to create a password reset disk then reset it with a CD/USB.Forgot Windows 7 password - Windows 7 Password Recovery. Reset Windows Password by Four Steps. Windows domain password recovery. Dell password reset, HP password reset, Acer password reset, Toshiba password reset.
April 7th, 2012 8:54pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics