Server 2008 - Media Services - Windows Mobile Media Doesn't Work
Hi Folks, We set up our first Server 2008 box to start working with. The installation went smoothly. We were trying to mirror our old Server 2003 box which was acting as our webserver. I was using Windows Media Services to stream music content to my laptops, and sometimes to my cell phone (running Windows Mobile 6).So once the Server 08 box was up and running I downloaded and installed the new Windows Media Services 9.5. It took some fiddling but I finally got it streaming music to my Vista and XP clients using Windows Media player. It took a bit of fiddling to get the annoymous login to work. However, I cannot get my windows mobile phone to connect and stream the content. I put it the address of the content and then:1) It says locating2) It says connecting3) Windows Media Services shows a new connection 4) The Windows Mobile Player says - Cannot Find the File. File might be moved renamed or deleted. The same link works for the Windows Media Player clients. One of the things I found interesting is that an article on WMS on MS says that WMS 9.5 no longer supports MMS streams. However, in WMS 9.5 the Announce for the publishing point shows MMS://The MMS address does seem to work if I use it as a link for windows media player. However, I also use an embedded windows media player on a web page, and only the RTSP prefix works for that player to start streaming the music to web page. Can anyone point me in a direction to solve this trivial problem ? Being as a I have a large music collection I would love to find out more about being able to navigate the content remotely that I stream. Anyone have any links to solutions for doing this via a web page perhaps ? Thanks Dave
June 4th, 2008 3:43am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics