Server 2008R2 - Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded
Hi guys. I have a server SEXXX01 - Windows 2008 R2 OS. Im having major issues to login to this server. This was reveled when a person tried to login to the server and got the error "Cannot log you in, unable to load profile" What we did was to remove the account, completly, we did this manually aswell(not very smart I know). We also removed the registy profile. But. Now no new accounts can be made to login. The old "local accounts" can still login, but no new ones. You cant even create a new user in AD, add that user to the server. It still gives the same error. I have an admin account that still is avaible to login. But no other accounts are able to. When I create a new account, no folders are created, no register path is created. The weird part is that I created a temp-admin account on the server and it worked for a little while yesterday, out of the blue(no changed were made). But now its back to not working again This is what I have done so far: I have checked the register for S-I-D numbers that might be faulty, but there are none for the new accounts that are made or for the original account that failed. Tried to add new accounts as administrators, still the same problem. checked if there is a problem with the "default user" folders, none at all. Added, removed, changed the rights for the accounts. Looked at the local GPO, nothing weird This is the error msgs I get from the event viewer: event ID: 1500 Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded. Check that you are connected to the network, and that your network is functioning correctly. DETAIL - The system cannot find the file specified. Event ID: 1500 Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded. Check that you are connected to the network, and that your network is functioning correctly. DETAIL - System could not allocate the required space in a registry log. Event ID: 1500 Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded. Check that you are connected to the network, and that your network is functioning correctly. DETAIL - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. Event ID: 1508 Windows was unable to load the registry. This problem is often caused by insufficient memory or insufficient security rights. DETAIL - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. for C:\Users\XXXXX\ntuser.dat The errors with the system resources seems weird. The server has 16GB of ram and not even 30% is used at this time. So what could it be? Why doesnt the server created user folders/registery files for new users? Why does it give error about resources allocation, when it has more then enough? Im just at the dead end. I have no idea how to proceed. All help is very appriciated. Regards Me
March 13th, 2013 5:01am

Problem solved. DETAIL - System could not allocate the required space in a registry log. Event ID: 1500 Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded. Check that you are connected to the network, and that your network is functioning correctly. DETAIL - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. Event ID: 1508 Windows was unable to load the registry. This problem is often caused by insufficient memory or insufficient security rights. DETAIL - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. for C:\Users\XXXXX\ntuser.dat These events where the thing that made me think. So I invetsitgated the history of the server and it had problems before. So all i did was that I moved the pagefile to another drive and rebooted. And now it works. It addes new users to the register and it creates proper user folders.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 13th, 2013 6:02am

Thanks for sharing the information.Regards, Santosh I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Vote As Helpful & click on Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.
March 13th, 2013 6:17am

I answerd myself to quickly. After I moved the pagefile, _local_ accounts can login. But AD accounts, still gets the error. Back to square, two, I guess
March 13th, 2013 6:28am

See if any of the suggestions discussed in similar thread helps http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/error-windows-cannot-log-you-on-because-your/e30ad127-d9fd-48b1-b1e9-f2b60b01167f I have unmarked your previous post as an answer since issue still persists.Regards, Santosh I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Vote As Helpful & click on Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.
March 13th, 2013 6:35am

After further investigation I think I have narrowed it down to a GPO issue. I created a new user in the AD, i did not add him to any groups/GPO's. Then that user could login. Then I added all the standard GPO's to that user and now he cant login. So now I have the extremly funny job of removing one GPO at a time and try and login so I can see witch one it is that is faulty. Where are all them interns when you need them! I will keep you up to speed how this progresses
March 13th, 2013 3:36pm

After further investigation I think I have narrowed it down to a GPO issue. I created a new user in the AD, i did not add him to any groups/GPO's. Then that user could login. Then I added all the standard GPO's to that user and now he cant login. So now I have the extremly funny job of removing one GPO at a time and try and login so I can see witch one it is that is faulty. Where are all them interns when you need them! I will keep you up to speed how this progresses
March 22nd, 2013 8:40am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics