Server 2003 configaration issue
I think I understand you have multi-homed the server by installing a wireless adapter. If all clients are wireless it would be much easier to install a wireless bridge plugged into switch. http://homestore.cisco.com/en-us/adapters/linksys-WET610N_stcVVproductId65221232VVcatId554254VVviewprod.htm Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
July 30th, 2011 12:26pm

I think I understand you have multi-homed the server by installing a wireless adapter. If all clients are wireless it would be much easier to install a wireless bridge plugged into switch. http://homestore.cisco.com/en-us/adapters/linksys-WET610N_stcVVproductId65221232VVcatId554254VVviewprod.htm Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 30th, 2011 12:26pm

One of my client having server 2003 on hp server. and he is having wireless router of D-link. now he want to share internet via server which is currently directly given in router. he is having static ip. all of his nods are on domain. i'v configured his net on server by configaring static ip on it.same time i've installed GIGA lan card(PCI) on server. and shared net through it. now after sharing net over LAN PCI lan card haivng IP of 192.168.0.1 and router is also haing same ip.because of this system generated ip conflict error and network gets down frequently. how to over come from this?? second this. he is having CCTV Camara and DVR in his office. which was priviousaly visibal through router over then net but after putting internet in server i am not able to access it. is server-2003 having any facility which car route DVR to internet? here is my network idea Internet cabble>>>>>Server(onboard)>>>>cable to wireless router(with LAN Printer & DVR) all the nods having wireless LAN cards. Thanx in advance
July 30th, 2011 4:04pm

July 30th, 2011 7:26pm

Hi, Thanks for posting here. First at all it appears that you are going to configure this server as an internet gateway for your internal network which was connected together by this wireless router device. If the internet-facing NIC on this server is not directly connect to internet (mean has only an internal address) you should make sure the IP address segment of you internal network is different with the internet-facing NIC’s .Please also disable the DHCP service on your internet wireless router first and hard code an static address for internal interface on server. After that please enable and configure RRAS with following NAT wizard on server in order to sharing the internet accessing and implementing address assignment for your internal network . Internet cabble>>>(192.168.1.0/24)>>Server(onboard)>>(192.168.2.0/24)>>cable to wireless router(with LAN Printer & DVR) Here is the sample for reference : How to configure Network Address Translation in Windows Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816581 And can you access that camera or DVR form other internal hosts ? and how these devices obtain address ? hard code or dynamically assigned ? Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
August 2nd, 2011 2:45am

Hi, Thanks for posting here. First at all it appears that you are going to configure this server as an internet gateway for your internal network which was connected together by this wireless router device. If the internet-facing NIC on this server is not directly connect to internet (mean has only an internal address) you should make sure the IP address segment of you internal network is different with the internet-facing NIC’s .Please also disable the DHCP service on your internet wireless router first and hard code an static address for internal interface on server. After that please enable and configure RRAS with following NAT wizard on server in order to sharing the internet accessing and implementing address assignment for your internal network . Internet cabble>>>(192.168.1.0/24)>>Server(onboard)>>(192.168.2.0/24)>>cable to wireless router(with LAN Printer & DVR) Here is the sample for reference : How to configure Network Address Translation in Windows Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816581 And can you access that camera or DVR form other internal hosts ? and how these devices obtain address ? hard code or dynamically assigned ? Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
August 2nd, 2011 2:45am

August 2nd, 2011 9:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics