Server 2003 R2 AD Migration to Server 2008 R2 (With Exchange 2007 - 2013)

Hi All,

We are currently running an AD Domain with 2003R2 DC's running in 2003 native mode. On that same domain we are also running mixed mode (in the middle of migration) Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2013.

I would like to upgrade the domain to 2008R2 (which I know is either EOL or close to) and from what I have read this is a pretty straight forward process (the DC's do not run much besides DC services and DNS).

The structure is pretty simple.. we have three sites, two DC's in the main site and one in each remote site. All four of the Exchange servers are in the main site.

My concern was whether this may have any impact on our Exchange 2007/2013 environment that I should research before throwing a 2008R2 DC into the mix.

Has anyone seen any articles or thoughts on potential problems we might encounter with this upgrade?

Thank you kindly!

• Edited by Darrkon 6 hours 36 minutes ago Extra info
May 19th, 2015 8:16pm

My concern was whether this may have any impact on our Exchange 2007/2013 environment that I should research before throwing a 2008R2 DC into the mix.

Has anyone seen any articles or thoughts on potential problems we might encounter with this upgrade?

Thank you kindly!

Better to ask them over here.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=exchangesvrdeploy%2Cexchangesvrdevelopment%2Cexchangesvrgeneral%2Cexchangesvrgenerallegacy%2Cexchangesvrdeploylegacy&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 19th, 2015 8:49pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics