Server 2003 LogIn Error
hi to all the communityI have a Desktop with Windows Vista Ultimate pre-installed.let me first start off by saying I knowNOTHING of Servers.well anyway I got this Server subscriptionto put some Gaming software on so when am away from the computer the softwarewill still run.I"Can" sign in to a dialog box that says "Windows Server 2003 Web Edition" but once pass that I've got to sign on"AGAIN" withthe same details on the Desktop of the Server I think(am I on the Serverbut can'taccess my bit).this is were the problem is once I use the same credentails I get a "ErrorDialog Box"it says "Problem Invalid Username or Password."I have tried this several times and contacted the Server Company whotried the credentails they sent me on there side and they say everythingis ok.all help and advice will be much appreciated and I thank all in advance soo much for your help and time.many many thanks.Paul.
May 9th, 2009 11:41pm

Hello Paul,If I understand your question, you successfully sign on to the windows server web edition and I am thinking the second sign on should be related to you application access and probably nothing to do with your server credentials.I will contact the server company again and have them walk you through remotely.If you want you can put some screenshots on to better visualize your scenerio.Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 10th, 2009 1:49am

Hello,The First Screen as you have mentioned 'Windows Server 2003 Web Edition" is operating systems account credential logon box for Windows Serverwhich you have successfully signed in. The other screen you are talking about might be some other application which wants to get authenticatedin order to run. It would be not a bad idea if you can upload an image so that we can look forward to help you out.Thankshttp://technetfaqs.wordpress.com
May 10th, 2009 9:17am

hithank you Isaac (I will email the company concernedas they only work this way).and Syed for aquick response to my problem concerning my Login Error problem.yes it would be an excellent idea to upload somescreenshots.unfortunately I have looked all over this siteand read "The Forum FAQ" but unsure how to do this.all your help would be much appreciated on thisso we can move forward and resolve this currentissue.may I thank you all for help and guidance.Paul.
May 10th, 2009 6:15pm

Please make an account in Windows Live SkyDrive and upload the image there and give us the link.Thankshttp://technetfaqs.wordpress.com
May 11th, 2009 9:54am

helloyes I have an account with SkyDrive but never knew this was possible thank youfor letting me know.well anyway I got in contact with the Server companyand yes am on my bit the server and everything is oknow.I have went on the internet and found my Gaming Softwareand this is now on the server.the "Second LogIn Box" was for the companies own GamingSoftware(when I signed in the first time I was on the serverthen there was a "icon" on the desktop of the company nameto try their Software,Second LogIn Box).may I thank you all so so much for your help and timeand look forward too speaking with you again soon.thank you thank youPaul.
May 11th, 2009 9:20pm

Hello Paul,Good to know you got it figured out and thank you for letting us knowIsaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
May 11th, 2009 9:34pm

hi Isaacthank you thank you.Paul.
May 12th, 2009 1:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics