Server 2003 Client Connections terminated
We have been running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition successfully for several years. Recently the server has begun to drop logged-on users for no apparent reason. I've checked the lease expiration and changed the setting to not expire. What could our problem be?Thank you
November 12th, 2009 10:42pm

Hello Edward, Could you please give more information? How do user use this server, is it a Terminal Service Server or Files server, etc. Is there anything in the logs? What exactly user see when they "dropped off"? You mentioned you increased the lease, what do you mean exactly? Please provide as much details as possible so we could help in a timely manner.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 13th, 2009 3:09pm

Hi,Would you please take the time to provide more information on this issue? We are glad to help you on it.Thanks,Miles
November 16th, 2009 1:15pm

The server was running our company network consisting of between 25 and 40 users. The company closed, but we kept the network to manage three or four users who needed access to the datafiles and the email provided by a microsoft exchange server.Three of the users are localtwo of which log on via an ethernet switch (as we've always done), another accesses the network through a wireless connection with one user logging on by VPN connection. The network functioned well until a few weeks ago when the server began terminating client connections.I have just enough expertise to be dangerous so I decided to seek help before I screwed the whole thing up. Are there log files that need to be examined? If so, I can find them and forward them...just tell me where to look.By the way, I'm the user who logs on via VPN connection.Thank you,J
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 21st, 2009 3:42am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics