Server 2003 5 Licenses only 2 as max usage, need this to be set to 4
Hy, Server 2003 I have 5 licenses installed, but max usage is 2, need to have this set to 4. Can anyone advise me how this can be fixed. john
August 16th, 2010 1:06pm

what kind of licenses? limit of 2 means remote desktop? if so the server is propably set to administration mode, dont have w2k3 in fornt of me atm, though in control panel or administrative tools would eb a terminal licensing entry where you can switch to terminal server mode and enter the license
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 16th, 2010 2:16pm

Hy, the users maximum is set to 2, allthough 5 licenses are installed. I am no tech, so all additional help would be grateful. thx John
August 16th, 2010 5:09pm

Hello, it sounds that you are talking about accessing a server with remote desktop for example with more then 2 users at the same time. If this is the case you have to install the server as Terminal server in application mode, which also requires Terminal Server Client Access licenses, these are different from User/Device Client Access licenses. Terminal Server Client Access licenses require also a Terminal Server Licensing server to be installed. So please give some more information about the licenses you have, it sounds for me that youi only have the 5 user/device Cal's coming with the server after buying. With that ones you are not able to connect more the 2 users remote.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 16th, 2010 7:22pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics