Server 2003: perfmon - counter logs shows green and collecting even though they are not (after a remote server reboots)?
So I have a workstation and it is using performance monitor (perfmon) to collect counters remotely and log them to SQL server.They counter logs show as green, but if I reboot one of the remote servers, it stops collecting data from that server, even though the log still shows as green.Is there any way to detect that data collection stopped and cause the log to begin collecting again?I set the logs to end and start a new log every 30 minutes, hoping that will help address the issue perhaps.Suggestions, thoughts?
October 15th, 2009 8:33pm

Hi Maxer_Ars,Thank you for posting in windows server forums, please set the perfmon log as auto , if you have manually set the log as start and stop using radio buttons, remove it. After removing the option you can restart the server and perfmon should automatically start logging the data.sainath !analyze
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 25th, 2009 5:49am

I don't think I saw the auto option.I just recall a start manual or a start at a specific datetime.Is it on the same screen as those two options?This is Windows XP I am using, perhaps that makes a difference?
October 25th, 2009 5:53am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics