Server 2003, load needed dll's for kernel
My Application Server had a virus, when i ran a virus scan with mc afee it asked to restart the server, but in turn the server never started. it passed the dell loading screen and then i get a screen that says, "Windows could not start because of an error in the software. please report this problem as: load needed DLL's for kernel. Please contact your support person to report this problem." I tried running a repair from the Windows Server 2003 R2 CD, and i am getting the same problem, tried running the recovery console, however it is asking for the admin password, i entered the admin password i usually use to log in on it when it was running on the network and it doesn't work. after 3 attempts the server restarts. From most of the research on the internet, it says that the hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe could be the problem, i tried copying the file from my domain controller which has the same OS and running a live ubuntu CD on the application server and copying the files back to C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder and it still won't start. i am getting the same error, i even tried using the ubuntu linux software to clear the administrator password and tried the recovery console again and it still asks for a password and when i leave the password blank, or try passwords, it still doesn't work. On that server i have Microsoft SQL 2008 installed so i can run Deltek Vision 6.1, is there any way to repair the problem without having to do a fresh install????? Or back up my data. URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!!!!Kevon Heraman
April 13th, 2011 6:53pm

Sorry, but you have posted your question in a forum that talk about Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF), then I am moving your post to another forum and I hope you can get some help. But if you want you can try to find other forum by yourself: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ Hope that helps Regards, Cleber Marques Microsoft MVP & MCT | Charter Member: SCVMM & MDOP MOF Brazil Project: Simplifying IT Service Management My Blog | MOF.com.br | CleberMarques.com | CanalSystemCenter.com.br
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 15th, 2011 8:43pm

Hi, Please refer to the following Microsoft KB article for how to troubleshoot this startup problem. How to troubleshoot startup problems in Windows Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325375 Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
April 19th, 2011 4:14am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics