Server 2000 Third Party Graphics Card
Hi everyone. I have a Dell Optiplex 760 system with an Intel Q43/45 chipset and am running Windows 2000 Server and am having trouble with the graphics. My current graphics controller doesn't support Windows Server 2000, so my screen is running at 16 colors. In order to run my necessary software applications, I need 16-bit color. There are no drivers that exist to support this, so I wanted to reach out to the TechNet community to see if anyone knows of any graphics drivers that work with my system. I do have a PCIe x16 slot for a graphics card, but wanted to find one that's compatible with Server 2000 before I bought anything. Let me know if you need more information. Thanks a bunch! Darsh
March 24th, 2010 9:46pm

Hi , The graphics is totally depended on the driver you install, so if your driver is not supporting then you do not have any options left. You might need to check with the vendor - 1st option Upgarde the server to 2003 - 2nd option Please remember the windows server 2000 has reached its life cycle and would recommend customers to upgrade to windows 2k3 r2 or win2k8.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 25th, 2010 7:23am

Currently, the driver (?) listed is just vga.dll. There are no drivers available for this chipset to support Windows Server 2000 according to the vendor. Unfortunately, I can't switch from Server 2000 (it's more for research than actual implementation) Would that mean that my only option is to find myself an older PC with chipsets for which drivers exist to support Windows Server 2000? Thanks for your help! Darsh
March 25th, 2010 8:39pm

Hi, The only way to look for drivers is to contact the manufacturer of the device, if there is no drivers support from them, you may need to change the operating system or the hardware. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 26th, 2010 10:43am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics