Serious Issues After Power Outage
Hello, we are running Small Business Server 2003 on a Dell PowerEdge Server. We had a power outage over the weekend and ever since that time, we have been having major issues with our server. The first thing I noticed is that users were no longer able to renew their IP addresses. Once I looked at the server, I noticed that the DHCP service wasn't running. I tried to start it but got the error "the dhcp server service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stopp automatically if they have no work to do." Then immediately following that error, I get another error stating "tcpsvcs.exe - Application Error - The instruction at 0x7c84cde2 referenced memory at 0x00000014. The memory could not be written. Click OK to terminate the program". Then, if I look at my application log, I have lots of errors telling me that "tcpsvcs (6116) database recovery restored failed" and "corruption was detected during hard recovery in logile j50.log. This log file has been damaged and is unusable" and "faulting application tcpsvcs.exe faulting module ntdll.dll." I believe all of these issues stem from a corrupt DHCP database? Can someone give me an idea of how to get my DHCP service running again? I wouldn't be against resetting up my scope. I also believe I have backups of the DHCP database. Thank you.
March 20th, 2010 12:19am

Hello, did you ever create a backup from the DHCP database before? If not, i think you have to uninstall and reinstall the DHCP server role with the SBS wizard and reconfigure all settigns or your needs. Also i suggest to use one of the SBS forums for your question as in SBS versions are different steps needed: www.sbs2008.com For restoring a DHCP database see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736344(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 21st, 2010 3:31pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics