Sending popup messages to all domain users
Hi every one. Can anyone tell me what is the best solution for sending popup messages to all domain users except the net send command. I also want it to work with non english words. Thanks in advanced.
November 18th, 2010 1:22am

Hello, starting with Windows Vista / Windows server 2008 nad higher OS net send is removed and msg.exe is used. FOr other tools please check with 3rd party vendors. Net send and msg.exe work with the installed/choosen Windows languages.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 18th, 2010 7:00am

In addition to Meinolf's recommendation, if you want to schedule a message that a user receives such at logon time, you can use a VBscript file to generate a message box. Then deploy the script as a logon script via a GPO. Additionally if you have SMS/SCCM in place, you can deploy a message as an appication (vbscript, vb.net, etc...) and deliver the app to computers based on a variety of scenarios (by OU, groups, types of machines, time of day, etc..). There are alot of tools and applications out there that can help you accomplish this. Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
November 18th, 2010 8:23am

Meinolf and JM, thank you I forgot to say that we are using windows server 2003 and XP. By the way the SCCM solution seems to be a good way, but i was looking for some thing like an application, so the secretary can send emergency messages to all personnel any time she wants. Thanks
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 20th, 2010 12:43am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics