Sending popup message to domain users via windows 7
Can anyone recommend a third party app or assist me in being able to send a msg to users on the domain via windows 7 ive tried msg lylie /server:thedomainIPhere test however it doesnt recognise the logged in user 'lylie' any assistance is greatly appreciated, many thanks Alex
June 20th, 2012 5:58am

I am not sure whether any software exists which can broadcast messages to all the domain computers. However, that being said, you can deploy some custom scripts through group policies which can do that job. Another alternative would be, if you have Enterprise applications like Office Communication Server or Lotus Same Time, you can broadcast message to all users who are online ! Also, below linked discussions might give you some more insight on the topic mentioned in your post. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverManagement/thread/bb62485c-a549-4e87-83eb-a17d1dfbbdd2 http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winservergen/thread/6d8e11f8-d961-4942-bf29-415aa34b17aeDon't be a prick ! Be reasonable and provide your feedback. Say something whether the suggestion was helpful or not, mark a reply as answer or click on to vote helpful if that really helps you, don't leave that choice to moderators, let the credit go to a contributor who has invested his precious time on your questions. Please be informed that, moderators are also humans and they also make mistakes ;-)Last but not the least, Unmark as answer if any post doesn't answer your questions/s !!!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 20th, 2012 6:06am

I am not sure whether any software exists which can broadcast messages to all the domain computers. However, that being said, you can deploy some custom scripts through group policies which can do that job. Another alternative would be, if you have Enterprise applications like Office Communication Server or Lotus Same Time, you can broadcast message to all users who are online ! Also, below linked discussions might give you some more insight on the topic mentioned in your post. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverManagement/thread/bb62485c-a549-4e87-83eb-a17d1dfbbdd2 http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winservergen/thread/6d8e11f8-d961-4942-bf29-415aa34b17aeDon't be a prick ! Be reasonable and provide your feedback. Say something whether the suggestion was helpful or not, mark a reply as answer or click on to vote helpful if that really helps you, don't leave that choice to moderators, let the credit go to a contributor who has invested his precious time on your questions. Please be informed that, moderators are also humans and they also make mistakes ;-)Last but not the least, Unmark as answer if any post doesn't answer your questions/s !!!
June 20th, 2012 6:14am

Hi, Try Below On the machine that you cannot message to: Use regedit to navigate to: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server Then change the following value: Name : AllowRemoteRPC Type : REG_DWORD Value : 1 Reboot. Thanks, Swapnil Prajapati
June 20th, 2012 7:36am

I would suggest netsend but thats for xp. I done a quick google and thought this winsentmessenger is kind of what you are asking for? Looks like it is freeware but I haven't tried it so can't say if it's good or not. Let me know. www.winsentmessenger.com
June 20th, 2012 12:48pm

Hi Alex, Thank you for the post. The error means no this username session is connected on remote computer. Please use console or * to identify the session instead of user name. msg console /server:thedomaincomputerIPhere test msg * /server:thedomaincomputerIPhere test If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know. Regards Rick Tan TechNet Community Support
June 20th, 2012 10:57pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics