Send port fails with argument exception

When I insert records in Azure SQL using WCF-Custom adapter with sql binding and I am getting below error.

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "SendPort3" with URL "mssql://xx//xxx?InboundId=xxx". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.

I tried this on local sql database and it works fine.  I am using BizTalk 2013 R2 with CU1 and Microsoft SQL Azure (RTM) - 12.0.2000.8.

Please help.  Thank you. 

September 1st, 2015 2:37pm

Hi,

Are you using Orchestration, if yes then the Operation name on the Orchestration Port and the Name in the mapping element must match. But If the message is subscribed directly from a Receive Port, then the Action field would contain only the Action value.

Please check event viewer for error details. And please refer below MSDN article,

Configuring a Port Using the WCF-Custom Adapter

Refer related thread

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 1st, 2015 3:27pm

Thank you Kamlesh.  This works fine if I point to my local SQL instead of Azure SQL.  The only change I made after testing with my local SQL was updating the URI and credentials for SQL Azure. 
September 1st, 2015 4:22pm

I figured this out.  I forgot that Windows Azure SQL Database does not support distributed transactions.  So setting ambienttransaction to false resolved my issue. 
  • Marked as answer by BoozTalk 6 hours 56 minutes ago
  • Edited by BoozTalk 6 hours 55 minutes ago
September 1st, 2015 8:13pm

I figured this out.  I forgot that Windows Azure SQL Database does not support distributed transactions.  So setting ambienttransaction to false resolved my issue. 
  • Marked as answer by BoozTalk Wednesday, September 02, 2015 12:09 AM
  • Edited by BoozTalk Wednesday, September 02, 2015 12:09 AM
September 2nd, 2015 12:09am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics