Send message through Task manager
Hi, I am able see only my user id on Users Tab in Task manager. I am Local user (Non admin) Only Administrator is able to see all the users in Users tab. Need: Enable communication between users (non admin) logged on to same server. Is there any way Local users can send message through Task Manager? Please note: Both "Terminal Services" & "Fast User Switching Compatibility" services are already started. Thanks in Advance... Nikhil
July 26th, 2009 12:47pm

Hello,use net send, therefore the messenger service have to be enabled Another option depending on the OS version is msg.exe.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 26th, 2009 4:29pm

Hello, Thanks a lot for your prompt response!!! I am able to use NET SEND after starting messenger service. and also downloaded msg.exe. Can you suggest me some GUI tool which do the same operation as msg.exe?
July 26th, 2009 9:00pm

Hello,sorry, no. The command line is not that difficult, check with net send /? or msg /?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
July 26th, 2009 11:38pm

Hello, sorry, no. The command line is not that difficult, check with net send /? or msg /? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. I appreciate all your help on this. Actually I am fine with command line tools, however other users find it bit difficult when using command prompt...although the syntax of net send is very easy. Anyways, will try to find if I get any GUI tools. I found some like IPmessenger, but it works on IP address, however in my case we are using Terminal sessions, so that means we are on the same machine logically. Thanks for all your efforts!!!
July 28th, 2009 7:11am

Maybe the easy way is by creating VBS script that parse commad line parameters to "net send" Or i think that you can use something like this http://www.fomine.com/net-send-gui.html(not recommended,not tested)
July 28th, 2009 3:42pm

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/133758-task-manager-users-send-message-user.htmlwww.PortalFox.com - [MS VFP MVP]
February 6th, 2010 4:07am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics