Send and receive messages to IBM Websphere MQ using MSMQ adpater in biztalk

Can we Send and receive messages to IBM Websphere MQ using MSMQ adpater in Biztalk ?

If yes then please guide me how can I configure my MSMQ adapter for doing that in biztalk

Thanks.

June 26th, 2015 8:53am

No, you cannot use the MSMQ Adapter to connect to WebSphere MQ.

You would use either the MQ Series Adapter (ships with BizTalk Server) or the Adapter for WebSphere MQ which ships with HIS (HIS license and media are included with BizTalk Server).

The HIS Adapter for WebSphere MQ is probably you best bet as it does not have the COM dependency.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 26th, 2015 9:22am

Yes, its easier when you are using MQSC adapter that is coming with HIS. in the configuration you need to have Connection details, Channel details, Queue manager name and Queue Name, only these four things are required in the configuration of the MQSC adapter.

You can also use MQ series adapter but it comes with some limitations and for MQSerier adapter you only need the Server name, Queue manger and Queue details. Mostly it uses TCP connections to communicate.

Sharad

June 26th, 2015 10:26am

Hi Nilesh ,

You need to use MQseries adapter along with Host integration server setup (HIS) for connecting IBM WebSphere MQ.

Do remember to check the version of the MQ  and it differs from Biztalk release and from .Net framework enhancement .

Thanks

Abhishek

June 26th, 2015 1:42pm

Thank you all for your valuable replies.

I did few samples using MQSeries adapter and it worked fine for me.

but I just want to know that is there any way to connect to IBM Websphere MQ using MSMQ adapter ?

June 26th, 2015 2:36pm

Sorry, but I don't really understand the question.  Why do you want to try connecting to WMQ with the MSMQ Adapter? 

They're totally different.  It would be like trying to connected to an HTTP service with an FTP client.

June 26th, 2015 2:40pm

I can understand but I have requirement  to do that.

I found below link

Can you please tell me will it help or not ?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2637732/msmq-and-websphere-mq-message-integration

thanks

June 29th, 2015 5:34am

For complete clarity, you cannot use any MSMQ client to connect to a WMQ server.

From BizTalk Server, use one of the native WMQ/MQS Adapters, that is what they are for.

The MSMQ-MQSeries Bridge specifically was deprecated with BizTalk Server...2006(?) as it is no longer needed because first class WMQ/MQS Adapters are included with BizTalk Server.

Use the one of the WMQ Adapters, that is the answer to your question.

June 29th, 2015 9:15am

For complete clarity, you cannot use any MSMQ client to connect to a WMQ server.

From BizTalk Server, use one of the native WMQ/MQS Adapters, that is what they are for.

The MSMQ-MQSeries Bridge specifically was deprecated with BizTalk Server...2006(?) as it is no longer needed because first class WMQ/MQS Adapters are included with BizTalk Server.

June 29th, 2015 1:12pm

June 29th, 2015 1:12pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics