Send Mail - Not Enough Storage Space

Greetings all,

I have a complex SSIS package which processes excel files, does some validation, fires off some SSRS reports which produce excel files, and finally sends out emails to groups of people with the appropriate file attached.

It's been working fine, until recently. Now, when it reaches the send mail task, it raises an error:

Error: An error occured with the following error message: "Could not load file or assembly 'System.web, Versio 4.0.0.0, culture=neautral, publickeytoken=b0f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependancies. Not enough storage space is available to process this command. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070008)".

Further down the report comes 

Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.SendMailRask.SendMailTask, Microsoft.SqlServer.SendMailTask, Version=11.0.0.0, culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91

This process completes normally when run in Visual Studio. It fails when run from SQL Server Agent.

SQL Server Agent is currently running under my user credentials.

I've googled the heck out of it, and found nothing useful.

So, I'm reaching out hoping that perhaps someone else may have run into something similar.

T

September 14th, 2015 4:41pm

Hi Patrick,

Check if indeed the machine ran out of space, or has any quotas set on your account, anther folder to look at is the %temp% one used by SSIS processes.

Anyways, clearly a capacity issue at hand.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 14th, 2015 4:57pm

There is well over 200g available on the server. The temp directory is the standard windows temp folder (%temp%). Just to make sure, I've cleared it out.

I've also been adjusting IRPStackSize in LanmanServer\Parameters in the reg, as something to try.

The box also has 8gigs available, and rarely peaks above 4, so I don't think it's really a capacity issue (despite what the error message says), at least, not on the server, and I've found nothing to point to the SMTP server as a culprit.

The combined size of the attached excel files is less than a megabyte.

September 14th, 2015 5:05pm

Also check BlobTempStoragePath and BufferTempStoragePath properties of your SSIS Dataflow and its capacity
September 14th, 2015 5:13pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't both of these also point to %temp% by default?
September 14th, 2015 5:19pm

I should point out too, visual studio is running on the same machine as SQL Server. It runs perfectly in visual studio, but blows up under agent.

Same environment, same user.

September 14th, 2015 5:54pm

Repairing .net Framework 4.5.3 Solved the issue.
September 14th, 2015 6:38pm