Seeing multiple requests for Basic EFS certificates from users who are not trying to encrypt files or folders
Since the implementation of our PKI two tier infrastructure (Root Stand Alone Offline CA, Issuing Ent CA) having configured the Windows Default Policy Module to set the status of a request to pending, numerous requests show up for basic EFS certificates. None of the users are attempting to encrypt a file or folder and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why these requests are happening. The requests occur on both CA's. There is even some requests from me, and I certainly did not attempt to encrypt any files/folders... Environment: AD 2003 Native, Issuing CA (2) Win 2k3 standard, Win2k8 Enterprise R2 Thanks! CareyFRWHS
August 24th, 2011 7:40pm

Are you using encrypted offline files? /Hasain
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2011 11:07pm

No. We are not using any offline line files.Java
August 25th, 2011 11:31pm

I finally found the answer... I reviewed the Default Domain Group Policy Object from the domain controller using GPMC, both user and computer auto enrollment was enabled. I usually use Group Policy Management on my Win 7 box but when I do, the above items are not displayed.FRWHS
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 28th, 2011 2:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics