Security Group Applied to a Group Policy not working
I am running 2008 R2 in 2003 native Mode I am trying to deploy printers using GPO and Security groups. I have 4 printers and I am going to create 4 GPO’s and 4 Security Groups. So far I have created 1 and I am having problems. The GPO works when assigned to certain security groups but not others. I have created a group called PrinterBWBilding1 and assigned it to the policy with Read and Apply promotions and added a test user to it. It does not work, The Printer does not install. I have other groups on the network like Engineering that have been on for a while. I put the test user in that and applied the Engineering Group to the GPO the same way and it works fine and the test user gets the printer. Why will my other security group not work? Also I have looked at the GPReport Log and it is telling me Access Denied (Security Filtering) What is the difference in the security group PrinterBWBilding1 and Engineering. Nether group is a member of any other group adding security to it. I am at a loss.
August 17th, 2011 5:28pm

Hi, I notice you have another thread open in Group Policy forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverGP/thread/edfcae51-2874-48a0-945b-fa6f363857c8 To avoid any confusion, please focus on the thread in Group Policy forum. Thanks for your understanding. Regards, Bruce
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 19th, 2011 1:32pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics