Security Compliance Manager templates
Hi, Just installed SCM, and I see that it contains Windows 2008 templates, but NO Windows 2008 R2 templates. Can we go ahead and use the WS08 DC templates on our WS08 R2 DC's? Regards.
April 13th, 2010 12:36pm

Windows Server 2008 R2 don't provide any new certificate templates in comparison with Windows Server 2008. So you can use any available templates on any domain computers (with some exceptions).http://www.sysadmins.lv
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 13th, 2010 12:39pm

Hi, I am not refering to Certificate Templates - but rather to the existing SCM baseline templates (e.g. WS08-EC-Domain-Controller v1.0). There are no R2 templates...so can we use the WS08 baseline templates on an R2 box? Rgrds
April 13th, 2010 1:00pm

I can't answer your specific question other than suggesting strongly that you first test this in a non-production environment. You may also want to submit this question to secwish@microsoft.com. Email sent to this alias is read by the Solution Accelerators security team. You could also try emailing Vlad Pigin at vlpigin at microsoft dot com. He's the one who posted the announcement about the current release of the SCMT being available for download here - http://blogs.technet.com/secguide/ Paul Adare CTO IdentIT Inc. ILM MVP
April 13th, 2010 1:05pm

Thanks Paul, will get on it asap.
April 13th, 2010 1:43pm

Thanks Paul, will get on it asap. You're welcome. If you get an answer please followup again. Paul Adare CTO IdentIT Inc. ILM MVP
April 13th, 2010 2:35pm

S.Kwan, I am also looking for the R2 content templates and was wondering if you found any new information. Thanks, John
May 28th, 2010 9:54pm

John, I am afraid nothing yet.
May 29th, 2010 8:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics