Security Alerts from Perfmon
I have set up a performance collection from a windows 2003 Standard Edition server which pulls back CPU information from 8 remote servers. These remote servers are a mix of windows 2000 and windows 2003 Enterprise and standard.When i start up the performance log on the 3 servers which are Enterprise edition, i get 10 FAILURE AUDIT's on the security log on the REMOTE server with the following details :Event Type: Failure AuditEvent Source: SecurityEvent Category: Logon/Logoff Event ID: 529Date: 12/23/2009Time: 5:59:04 AMUser: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEMComputer: <remote computername>Description:Logon Failure: Reason: Unknown user name or bad password User Name: Domain: Logon Type: 3 Logon Process: Kerberos Authentication Package: Kerberos Workstation Name: - Caller User Name: - Caller Domain: - Caller Logon ID: - Caller Process ID: - Transited Services: - Source Network Address: - Source Port: - The logs all start up ok, and send back information to the domain controllers log file, but i cant see any reason why these messages are being produced. I have checked the Domain Controller security log for failed logons at that time, but there are none that correspond.Does anyone have any insights or firther checks i can do to try and eliminate these?Many thanks in advanceMark
December 23rd, 2009 7:40pm

this means that LocalSystem on remote computer tries to connect another remote computer using SMB/CIFS protocol. This might be caused if you store perflogs on remote computer.http://www.sysadmins.lv
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 23rd, 2009 11:05pm

Thanks for the reply. I am picking this up again after the christmas break. I have tried adjusting the security on the directory of the remote computer that is hosting the perfmon logs, even going as far as giving EVERYONE full control, but this still does not stop the errors from appearing. Have you come across this issue before, and if so, how did you resolve it as i am starting to run out of ideas.As before, thanks in advance.Mark
December 30th, 2009 4:06pm

to store logs at remote computer you must assign permissions for computer account.http://www.sysadmins.lv
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 30th, 2009 4:52pm

Doh! completely forgot about computer accounts! i put it down to too much turkey! that seems to have done the trick now. Many thanks for your help.
December 30th, 2009 5:35pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics