Searching for Managed Property only working after reediting item and starting incremental crawl

Were using a lot of custom columns referring to TermSets in the termstore. One of the columns has the static Name product. After a full crawl, a crawled property ows_taxid_product and a managed property owstaxidproduct are found as expected.

UseCase:Create Item in list http://demo/app/akb/Lists/DemoList with product set to "DEMO". Start an incremental crawl.

Expected Result: Item should be found when searching for owstaxidproduct:DEMO.

Result: Item is found.

Great.

Approve the Item in the source lists. Approval fires an Event Receiver which publishes the item to a target list with same structure in a different site collection.

UseCase: Copy Item from http://demo/app/akb/Lists/DemoList to http://demo/DE/Products/akb/Lists/DemoList by Eventreceiver. Start an incremental crawl.

Expected Result: Item should be found twice now when searching for owstaxidproduct:DEMO

Result: Only the first occurence in the source list was found.

I did check the crawl logs for the second use case. The item was successfully crawled from the target list.

Even a full crawl doesn't make a difference. Only the first occurrence  is found.

I could only get the item found in the second Location if i go into edit mode, save (without any changes), start incremental crawl again. Now the search for the managed property finds both entries.

Any ideas?

April 28th, 2015 7:32am

Hi,

Make sure that while copy an item from one list to another list, the target list should contain same content type as source list content type.

If you are creating the column at list level in target list, then a different crawl property is created and the same has been mapped with another managed property.

Check with this and let me know the ou

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 28th, 2015 7:48am

Hi, the column Product was deployed as a part of a content type solution together with content types containing the site collection column. The source and target list have the same content type assigned.
April 28th, 2015 9:30am

Hi,

Make sure that both sites are crawled and check the crawl rules, there might be a chance that crawl rule is stopping the data to be crawl.

Internal Name of the column in both list should be

April 29th, 2015 1:54am

There is no crawl rule at all. Only different scopes (result sources). But the item is not displayed even with the standard result source (Local SharePoint).
April 29th, 2015 2:03am

Hi,

Could you please share the screenshot of crawled properties contains "product"?

April 29th, 2015 2:22am

April 29th, 2015 4:47am

Hi,

Your Product crawl property is not mapped with managed property. Create a new Managed property and map the same with OWS_Product. 

OWS_taxId column is the internal mapping for managed column as it is processed by hidden text c

April 29th, 2015 7:36am

Hi,

As far as I know, the incremental crawl looks for the update timestamp. In the case when you update the term store, the actual list/document items do not get updated thus will not be picked up by incremental crawl. Running full crawl is your option, another one is to run a script that would find all items with values updated and just does dummy update, to change the time stamp.

Reference:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2c6d600b-f57f-416b-ae83-bbfc4b95dfe8/managed-metadata-updates-not-reflecting-in-search-after-incremental-crawl?forum=fastsharepoint

Best Regards,

Eric

April 29th, 2015 8:18am

Well, I now mapped ows_Product to owsProduct managed property and did a full recrawl. Searching for owsProduct:LDW doesnt show any results. However owstaxidProduct:LDW gives results, but not all. I makes no difference if I search for owstaxidProduct:{GUID} of LDW.
April 30th, 2015 7:37am

Well, this is not our situation. There is no update of the termstore. Its just that the original element is copied by an event receiver to a target location. And even a full crawl doesnt help. Only updating the copied item and starting an incremental crawl.
April 30th, 2015 7:40am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics