Search is not working after a SSL cert change

We get the following message.  essentially what happened was.  We had a single domain certificate and search was working fine, we purchased a 5-domain certificate, we added mysite.doamin.com and docs.domain.com to the certificate and added it to the server.  Ever since then we have been getting this error. 

When I browse externally or internally the certificate is fine, I don't receive any errors.  I have a feeling SP is using the old certificate?

An unrecognized HTTP response was received when attempting to crawl this item. Verify whether the item can be accessed using your browser. ( Error from SharePoint site: WebExceptionStatus: TrustFailure The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.; SearchID = 9DC4EE21-6E34-41EB-8008-5D5C3E1B9FBB )

June 11th, 2013 3:23am

what if you open browser on the server where search crawler is running, and put the start address in search content source (find it in search administration site) into the browser address bar.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 11th, 2013 6:00am

Can you please explain clearly what do you mean ?

i have the same problem 

thanks in advance

January 14th, 2014 5:15am

You need to add the cert signer's root cert to the farm's cert store:

Go to Central Administration >> Security >> Manage Trust

And Click New

And a name and specify the location for the certificate and Click Ok.

After the search will work.

January 14th, 2014 10:33am

You can click the "Farm Administration" link on the search service application and then click the "Ignore SSL warnings" link, then set the checkbox.  That should also fix the issue.
January 14th, 2014 11:00am

Did you ever determine the solution to this issue? I am facing the same issue, trying to crawl an external site requring form credentials, tried both solutions:1) CA - Farm Search Administration - Ignore SSL warnings: Set to Yes, and 2) Adding the certificates in the entire path, in CA - Security - Manage Trusts page.
November 5th, 2014 6:09pm

This worked for me. I also set the farm search admin to ignore ssl errors
July 6th, 2015 11:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics