Search is not showing the document in search result

I have a scenario where the documents has the meta data called Model and when the user is trying to to search with the Model number the document is not being shown in the search result. However when the user tries to click on the Model filters from the refiners, then the document is available in the search results.

Checked that crawling is done properly  and I am able to search the document form the document library with the title of the document.

Is there any way to know find the issue about the document is not being shown when tried to enter the model number in the tex

January 20th, 2015 9:23pm

You need to mark the metadata term as 'Searchable' to use it as a free text value in the search box

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219669(v=office.15).aspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 20th, 2015 10:23pm

Hi Raudu K,

If you wanted to show make sure your MP is called "Model" is "Searchable" as per the @Alex. Also apart from if you wanted to show the manage properties in your search results. Please check this blog.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/tothesharepoint/archive/2013/09/12/how-to-display-values-from-custom-managed-properties-in-search-results-option-2.aspx

Regards,

Basant Pandey

http://sharepointfordeveloper.blogspot.com

January 21st, 2015 8:23am

Hi,

The Model managed property has the searchable checked. What could be the other cause?

January 21st, 2015 10:07am

Have you run a full crawl since that property was marked?

Also can you check to see if the item has been crawled, either through the Search History or by searching for the file using other terms.

January 21st, 2015 12:37pm

The crawl has run successfully, because other documents are appearing. To explain the scenario more in detail

I have a some documents with Title LRP14, LRP14AB, LRP14AC, LRP14CD, etc. When the user searches for the LRP14 in the search text box able to see all the documents except LRP14AC. However in the Models refiner I can able to see the LRP14AC. When the user clicks on LRP14AC it shows in the results web part (using OOB Search Results web part)

January 22nd, 2015 10:27am

Hi Rayudu,

Based on your description, my understanding is that the document does not display in the search results, but it shows when clicking refine.

Per my knowledge, SharePoint will index the whole text if the document is named like LRP14, LRP14AC.

And if we search LRP14, the document named LRP14AC will not occur.

Please check if the LRP14AC document is treated as a duplication and the search results web part has set the TrimDuplicates attribute to true.

http://blog.portiva.nl/2014/05/23/sharepoint-search-and-duplicate-search-results/

I recommend to use the wildcard search instead.

For example, you can search with LRP14* in the search box, all the contents with keyword starting with LRP14 will occur in the search results.

Thanks,

Victoria

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

January 23rd, 2015 10:48am

Hi Rayudu,

How is everything going?

Is there anything update about this issue?

Thanks,

Victoria

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

January 30th, 2015 1:29pm

Possibly duplicate trimming being too aggressive once again?  Try to turn off duplicate trimming and see if results start to show up.

Go to your Core Search Results Web Part when in "Edit Page" mode:

-Edit web part

-Click on "Change query"

-Click on "Settings" tab

-Toggle "Don't remove duplicates'

January 30th, 2015 8:38pm

Possibly duplicate trimming being too aggressive once again?  Try to turn off duplicate trimming and see if results start to show up.

-Edit web part

-Click on "Change query"

-Click on "Settings" tab

-Edit web part

-Click on "Change query"

-Click on "Settings" tab

-Edit web part

-Click on "Change query"

-Click on "Settings" tab

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics