Search Won't Open Docs In Browser
SharePoint 2013.  Enterprise Search Center.  Site default is open all docs in the browser (lists and libraries).  However, when search is performed any docs returned try to use the client application or opening and not the browser.  I need all docs to open in  the browser. Don't know of any more settings to change - just need search center results to open docs in browser.  99% of docs are .pdfs.  Pdfs open fine for lists and libraries in the browser, but pdfs in search results open in client application.
June 11th, 2014 3:15pm

I haven't got anywhere to check this for myself, but I'm assuming this has something to do with how Office Web Apps interacts with your Search Center.

Edit: Could you check the following: At the bottom of the Search Center's search page is Preferences. There's the option for Opening Documents in the Browser. Make sure the behavior is Open in the browser.

• Edited by moeu Wednesday, June 11, 2014 12:30 PM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 11th, 2014 3:23pm

Appreciate the response.  In preferences, open in browser is selected.  I can always right click on the item and force to open in a new tab or window, but just wanted the default to be open in the browser.  I only experience this issue in IE - Chrome works fine.  Any other thoughts?
June 11th, 2014 4:02pm

Hello.  Were you able to find a resolution for this by any chance?  I'm having the exact same issue with my SP 2013 farm with the Search Center results.  I found a registry change for the client that resolves it by just disabling the SharePoint and Office/Adobe integration.  I've been searching for a solution for all users and have not been able to find a server side change.  Thank you for any information!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 18th, 2015 1:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics