Search Web Parts conflict with microsoftajax.js

Howdy,

I have a custom master page that leverages a lot of CSOM/JSOM/REST. Unfortunately there seems to be a conflict when using the required MicrosoftAjax.js library in conjunction with Search Web Parts.

Symptoms:

Search results, search box and refiner added to a page - they render while in edit mode. When the page is saved/not in edit mode the web parts do not fully render (I can tell by analyzing the DOM for a default master page vs. custom). The page is blank.

When I remove the reference to MicrosoftAjax.js from my custom master page, then the search results work.

I also tried adding the reference to MicrosoftAjax.js to the OOTB seattle.html (master) and verified that doing so will also break the Search web parts.

Suggestions?

• Edited by Henry Ong Wednesday, February 11, 2015 6:11 AM
February 11th, 2015 9:11am

Download the MicrosoftAjax and put it in a folder within Layouts folder and have the below Script link tag before core.js

<SharePoint:ScriptLink language="javascript" name="CustomFolder/MicrosoftAjax.js" OnDemand="true" runat="server" Localizable="false">
        </SharePoint:ScriptLink>

<SharePoint:ScriptLink language="javascript" name="core.js" OnDemand="true" runat="server" Localizable="false">
        </SharePoint:ScriptLink>

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 3rd, 2015 3:47am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics