Search Schema - An unknown error occurred.

I am trying to add manged properties columns to refinement panel webpart in SP 2013. But when i open the wepart i am getting Search Schema unavailable error. 

I tried to open the Search schema link from site settings i am getting the unknown error 

Any idea how to fix this issue?

May 3rd, 2013 6:44am

Hi,

when error is displayed can you see correlation id?

Also check ULS logs for more details about error. Investigating logs will help to understand the problem.

You can use ULS viewer from codeplex for logs browsing.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 3rd, 2013 7:40am

When i try to configure the refiners in the refinement panel i am getting this message(Schema information is unavailable at the moment. Only selected refiners will be displayed.  ). There is no correlation id.

When i checked the ULS log i can see an exception that "managed meta data property is added already" 

But i have only one property with that name 

May 3rd, 2013 10:58am

When i try to configure the refiners in the refinement panel i am getting this message(Schema information is unavailable at the moment. Only selected refiners will be displayed.  ). There is no correlation id.

When i checked the ULS log i can see an exception that "managed meta data property is added already" 

May 3rd, 2013 1:58pm

Hi Joseph,

have you resolved your problem? I'm getting the same error message trying to configure refiners in the webpart ("No available refiners are displayed, because schema information is unavailable.") and I have no idea why.

Thanks in advance,

July 2nd, 2013 4:03pm

Hi Sergio,

Can you make sure to set the refiner= true for the managed property via search schema and do a full crawl and try again. Hope it resolves the issue.

Regards  Roy Joyson
Please remember to mark your question as "answered"/"Vote helpful" if this solves/helps your problem.

July 2nd, 2013 8:42pm

Hi Roy,

thanks for your answer, but unfortunately we have the problem with default managed properties already configured in a default installation. We have tried to do a full crawl, even we have restarted servers :(

In the next image you can view the detailed message error.

Error refinement panel

Thanks in advance,

July 3rd, 2013 10:41am

Did you ever get this resolved?
  • Proposed as answer by piou1384 Wednesday, February 11, 2015 3:27 AM
  • Unproposed as answer by piou1384 Wednesday, February 11, 2015 3:27 AM
December 13th, 2013 6:19pm

December 13th, 2013 9:19pm

Hi,

You have to configure your alternate access mappings in order to fix this issue.

Piou

February 11th, 2015 6:28am

Hi Sergio,

I experienced the same problem that you posted in your previous message.

Did you solved the issue, and if you got it resolved, what was the trick?

I found little evidence of this problem except from this thread, so I'll be glad to hear from you.

Many thanks,

September 11th, 2015 4:46am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics