Scripting GPO settings
Hello, how do I (by using a script/VBS/PowerShell/CMD, just give a quick API hint or so, I can google myself): - import .INF security template into an existing GPO - or set the equivalent settings different way (in this case, I am especially concerned in Restricted Groups settings) - set an Administrative Template setting to Enabled/Disabled/Configured - set/create/change Preferences items ondrej.
September 3rd, 2010 12:01pm

I think that this forum (The Official Scripting Guys Forum) will be the most appropriate one for your questions: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ITCG/threads This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 3rd, 2010 12:33pm

Hi, I’m afraid there is no direct way to edit GPO by scripting. 1. To edit INF security template, you can try to edit [\\DomainFQDN\sysvol\DomainFQDN\Policies\{PolicyGUID}\MACHINE\Micorsoft\Windows NT\SecEdit\GptTmpl.inf] file. It has the same format as normal security template INF file. 2. It’s possible to manipulate local group membership like Restricted Groups via script. For your information: Windows 2000 Computer Startup Scripts http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb742536.aspx 3. Administrative Template settings are based on Registry. You can edit Registry instead. 4. Preference items are stored in [\\DomainFQDN\sysvol\DomainFQDN\Policies\{PolicyGUID}\MACHINE(USER)\Preferences] folder, they are all XML files. To set/create/change Preferences items, you have to change/create XML files. Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
September 6th, 2010 10:09am

thank you veeeery much! this is excelent. ondrej.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 6th, 2010 11:53am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics