Script to get GPO name, OU Links and Security Filters and export to Excel

Hi all,

I am looking for a script which will get all GPO's by name, the OU's they are linked to (Enabled/Disabled/Forced), Settings (Computer or User enabled/disabled, Security Filter and perhaps Delegation info as well. I would like to get this information and export it to Excel or a file that can them to imported into Excel or a table in word for a report I wish to create.

I can run the following but that exports too much information:

Get-GPOReport -name USER-TST-CTX -ReportType XML -Path C:\temp\GPOReport1.xml

My scripting/powershell isn't really up to scratch and all the scripts I've found through searches don't seem to work, are old posts or don't do what I would like.

I'm using SCM to export, compare and detail the specific settings so I'm Ok there.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

September 8th, 2015 8:02am

$date = Get-Date -Format yyyyMMddhhmmss
 $file = "C:\Users\username\Documents\Scripts\GPO\gpos_$date.csv"
 Add-Content $file "Name,LinksPath,WMI Filter,CreatedTime,ModifiedTime,CompVerDir,CompVerSys,UserVerDir,UserVerSys,CompEnabled,UserEnabled,SecurityFilter,GPO Enabled,Enforced"
$GPOList = (Get-Gpo -All).DisplayName
$colGPOLinks = @()
$LinksPaths = @()
foreach ($GPOItem in $GPOList){

$LinksPaths = "" 
      $LinksPath = ""

[xml]$gpocontent =  Get-GPOReport $GPOItem -ReportType xml

$LinksPaths = $gpocontent.GPO.LinksTo #| %{$_.SOMPath}

$Wmi = Get-GPO $GPOItem | Select-Object WmiFilter

$CreatedTime = $gpocontent.GPO.CreatedTime
    $ModifiedTime = $gpocontent.GPO.ModifiedTime
    $CompVerDir = $gpocontent.GPO.Computer.VersionDirectory
    $CompVerSys = $gpocontent.GPO.Computer.VersionSysvol
    $CompEnabled = $gpocontent.GPO.Computer.Enabled
    $UserVerDir = $gpocontent.GPO.User.VersionDirectory
    $UserVerSys = $gpocontent.GPO.User.VersionSysvol
    $UserEnabled = $gpocontent.GPO.User.Enabled
    $SecurityFilter = ((Get-GPPermissions -Name $GPOItem -All | ?{$_.Permission -eq "GpoApply"}).Trustee | ?{$_.SidType -ne "Unknown"}).name -Join ','
   if($LinksPaths -ne $null)
   {
        foreach ($LinksPath in $LinksPaths)
        {
            Add-Content $file "$GPOItem,$($LinksPath.SOMPath),$(($wmi.WmiFilter).Name),$CreatedTime,$ModifiedTime,$CompVerDir,$CompVerSys,$UserVerDir,$UserVerSys,$CompEnabled,$UserEnabled,""$($SecurityFilter)"",$($LinksPath.Enabled),$($LinksPath.NoOverride)"
        }

}
    else
    {#Write-Host "Empty Links"  
            Add-Content $file "$GPOItem,$($LinksPath.SOMPath),$(($wmi.WmiFilter).Name),$CreatedTime,$ModifiedTime,$CompVerDir,$CompVerSys,$UserVerDir,$UserVerSys,$CompEnabled,$UserEnabled,""$($SecurityFilter)"",$($LinksPath.Enabled),$($LinksPath.NoOverride)"
    } 
}

Then you can edit the values into the CSV if you would like.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 8th, 2015 12:46pm

Hi andrewjohnporter,

Thanks for your post.

You coul specify a GPO by its display name, or you can get all the GPOs in the domain by specifying the All parameter with the Get-GPO cmdlet.

You may refer to the article for more details.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Ee461059.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscriptingguy/archive/2009/02/09/how-can-i-list-all-group-policy-objects-in-a-domain.aspx

In addition, for more support about speific scrips you could also post in Our Script Forum

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=scripting

Best Regards.

Mary Dong

September 9th, 2015 6:10am

That's great! Thanks vaadadmin2010!

I assume that:

- CompVerDir + CompVerSys = computers that the GPO applies to?

- UserVerDir + UserVerSys = users that the GPO applies to?

Cheers

September 9th, 2015 6:19am

Those are the version numbers of the GPO between the Sysvol part and the Directory part. 

Read this to get an understanding of the makeup of GPO:  http://blogs.technet.com/b/musings_of_a_technical_tam/archive/2012/02/13/understanding-the-structure-of-a-group-policy-object.aspx

Don't thank me too much, I modified a script from the web (probably TechNet), but unfortunately I can't find the source right now, so we to thank him or her.

September 9th, 2015 7:38am

Ah yes, of course, thanks again vaad, Mary and to whoever that random script creator is!
September 9th, 2015 11:01pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics