Script for remote BIOS admin password change on multiple computers
I am trying to find a script that I can use to change all of the BIOS admin passwords throughout my network.   There is no current passwords set. Can anyone assist in this?  I would greatly appreciate the help. I can change general BIOS settings but not the passwords remotely right now.
April 29th, 2015 11:07am

Check with your PC manufacturer for utilities that can do this.

Some can, some can't.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 29th, 2015 11:21am

I talked to them. They said to submit a problem ticket in which the system didn't process it. Just trying to reach out to see if anyone else has done it with an hp 8300 small form factor pc. Thanks.
April 29th, 2015 1:14pm

Okay, perhaps someone here has had some experience with that particular model.

I'd suggest posting in the HP forums rather than a Microsoft admin scripting forum though.

Good luck.

April 29th, 2015 1:24pm

for HP computers you'll need the HP BiosConfigUtility

check out their site: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HP_BCU.html

you'll need to build a repset file. this is best done by getting the current config from a configured machine or from a machine that hasn't been modified, making your changes, and then setting the config on the target machine(s).

The user guide is not included in the download, but it is linked in the above page right at the top.   Once you have all the pieces you'll just need a script to put it all together.  note changing these settings will put BitLocker in recovery mode if you're using it, so suspend it before making the change(s).

• Edited by -Nick 13 hours 1 minutes ago noticed the user guide link
April 29th, 2015 2:00pm

you'll need to build a repset file. this is best done by getting the current config from a configured machine or from a machine that hasn't been modified, making your changes, and then setting the config on the target machine(s).

The user guide is not included in the download, but it is linked in the above page right at the top.   Once you have all the pieces you'll just need a script to put it all together.  note changing these settings will put BitLocker in recovery mode if you're using it, so suspend it before making the change(s).

• Edited by -Nick Wednesday, April 29, 2015 6:07 PM noticed the user guide link
April 29th, 2015 5:56pm

• Edited by -Nick Wednesday, April 29, 2015 6:07 PM noticed the user guide link
April 29th, 2015 5:56pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics