Scom clients not showing up in Console

Hi all

Has some issues with SCOM 2012. There were clients in and working. Uninstalled it and installed SCOM SP1. Went to the clients and uninstalled the agent and installed the SP1 client. Used the same Management Group Name. Now my clients not showing up in the management console. Installation goes through successfully on the clients. I cant seems to figure out why clients not showing up in the Console

Can some of you help pls?

Thanks in advance

July 5th, 2013 2:51am

Hi, you could just have done an in place upgrade from 2012 to 2012 SP1.
But for your current issue.. Try to open the Administration pane and go to Settings. In the middle pane find Server->Security. Review the settings there. Because it seems that they way you used to upgrade/install the agents iit is considered as manual installed agents. In these security settings you can go for the second bullet and select whether or not you want to check the checkbox. If you use the second bullet including the checkbox you will see your agents. If you only use the second bullet you can go in the administration pane to Device Management -> Pending Management and approve them there.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 5th, 2013 2:56am

Thanks for your time to respond Bob. You are right. It was on the wrong option. Would I need to reinstall the agents again or will it automatically start appearing in the Pending management section even though it was "rejected" earlier by that specific setting
July 5th, 2013 3:41am

Hi 

Agent try to connect to scom again and will be appearing in pending management agent untill agent is uninstalled from management group.

refer below link from more information

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh212853.aspx

Regards

July 5th, 2013 4:47am

Yes the agents should appear within minutes. Otherwise just restart the System Center Management service on those agent machines and they will pop into the pending management view (or agent managed depending on which option you selected in settings). SO in half an hour you should have them all visible again in your SCOM. Good luck mate!
July 5th, 2013 5:51am

Thanks Guys, it worked just like you said :)
July 5th, 2013 6:24am

One more Quick question.

I have only installed the new agent on 3 servers but all the servers showed up under Pending Management. Even the ones with the SCOM 2012 agent because the management group is called the same I guess. Would i need to go to the servers with the 2012 agent on, uninstall it and install the 2012 SP 1 agent?

July 5th, 2013 6:28am

good one :-)

i would just approve them first from pending. They will end up in agent managed. From there you can just a repair task, which will also upgrade those agents.

By the way, you know that you can also push agents from the scom console through the discovery wizard? Could save you from some effort :-)

July 5th, 2013 6:46am

I see none of the repair options in the admin console is available. It is greyed out.

I know about the automatic deployment yes. Just that i deploy to D:\Program Files and not the C drive. Can this also be done via the wizard?

In SCOM 2007 R2 we did the installation by hand as it was a mission installing to any other drive except C

July 5th, 2013 9:16am

Yeah, because agents are set to manually installed (remotely manageable = No), many options in agent management are disabled.

And correct, by pushing from scom console it will just apply the installer to the system disk. If that is C (normally it is) than this is where it will install the agent. SO if you want to force it to D drive than you are left with scripted or manual installation methods.

What you can do is go to those agent machines and connect to the scom server and run the installer (and possibly the UR2 update file if you have that one applied as well). you can find it through \\scomserver\c$\program files\system center 2012\operations manager\server\agentmanagement\  or something like that. You can make it easier by creating a share. ANyway, this will upgrade the agent in-place, so you dont need to reconfigure anything.

July 5th, 2013 9:23am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics