Scheduled jobs not running on Windows Server 2008
I have 2 nightly jobs scheduled to run every night. They run fine every night until Sunday night. It looks like the scheduler simply doen't run them. Then, they sit idle until I manually fire them and the they run fine until the next Sunday night. I have deleted and re-created them, I have re-booted the server to ensure the scheduler is running. The server is running Windows Server 2008 R2 and has all the latest patches applied. We are in the process of migrating and have other jobs that will also have to be converted.
March 22nd, 2011 12:03pm

Hi, Please check the History tabs of these two tasks. Any error on them? Also check the Event Viewer. Any error event? Tim Quan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 22nd, 2011 11:54pm

Hi Tim I do not see any errors in either the history of the jobs or the event logs. It simply looks like the scheduler just ignores the jobs on Sundays. Have you seen anything like this?
March 23rd, 2011 10:59am

Hi, Then I suggest referring to the following article to troubleshoot the issue: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc721846.aspx Tim Quan
March 24th, 2011 4:21am

Tim Followed your link to the article. I tried every step and saved my job settings again. They are still not running when scheduled. Any more ideas?
March 25th, 2011 8:46pm

Hi, Can other scheduled tasks work properly? Create the task with simplest conditions and then test the result. Can you manually run the jobs? If no error appears in the history tab or Event Viewer, I am afraid that your task does not meet the conditions you set so that it does not trigger the task. Tim Quan
March 28th, 2011 9:14am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics