Scheduled backup in Windows 2008 R2 Standard
Dear Concerned, Please help me in sorting out the issue with Win 8 scheduled backup. I want to set scheduled backup of one folder which is on Windows 2008 R2 Standard, 64 bit operating system, with the shared folder on the same network which is running on Windows 7 Professional SP1, 32 bit operating system. When I am running the backup wizard from the server the process of scheduled back is fetching the shared folder from WIN 7 & asks for user authentication after entering all the correct credentials in the last step where the Backup schedule gets created it gives a error Logon failure:unknown username or bad password. I am entering the administrator user name & password to access the shared folder & the same user mane & password is used to access a different folder on same win 7 machine which is accessed by users gets mapped easily without any hassle. I would be of great help if any one can assist me in getting the resolution of this backup is very important for us. Regards, Abhijin.J 
June 20th, 2012 3:50am

Hello, the better forum is http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/windowsbackup/threads for backup questions.Best regards Meinolf Weber MVP, MCP, MCTS Microsoft MVP - Directory Services My Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/ Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 20th, 2012 3:54am

Can you please clear me that which is the source u need to backup and to where, i mean Destination .
June 20th, 2012 4:01am

Dear Concerned, Source would be a folder on win 2008 & the destination will be on win 7 shared folder. Win 2008 is a 64 bit OS & win 7 is 32 bit. Regards, Abhijin.J
June 20th, 2012 7:37am

Share out the folder on the Win7 PC w/ Administrator having Full access. Then use the shared path on the Win 2008 server backup path.
June 20th, 2012 2:19pm

yeah, had you followed Abhijin's suggestion? you should have full access permissions.
June 21st, 2012 1:30am

Dear Jeff & Rowell, I have done all the said setting but i am not able to get through, I have another folder in the same machine(Win 7) in a different drive which is shared & the same is mapped in more than 25 machine & on daily basis every one works on the same shared folder, but to my suprise even this folder on a different drive gives me the same error as unknown user name or password in the last step of scheduling. Please help in sorting this. Regards, Abhijin.J
June 21st, 2012 3:51am

Dear Jeff & Rowell, I have got the shared folder of win 7 mapped in server 2008 & any changes in folder is reflecting in server, but not able to configure backup scheduling on the same folder.
June 21st, 2012 3:54am

please paste the shared path in the forum.
June 21st, 2012 4:05am

Same shared folder accesible over network & has been mapped in server & which has read & write permiossion. While the below screen shot shows the one step behind creating schedule & at last gives a error bad user name or password.
June 21st, 2012 5:09am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics