Scheduled Tasks: 0x80070005 Access is denied
Hi, If I create a Scheduled Tasks that would be Run as another user (domain user), I get an error: "An error has occured while attempting to set task account information. The specific error is: 0x80070005: Access is denied. You do not have permission to perform the requested operation." If I create the task to Run As my own account (Domain-Admin) or as Administrator (Local) the Task is created OK. This must be some kind of rights issue but?? Appreciate the help. Regs. /lakend
June 14th, 2010 5:04pm

Hello, make sure the account you use is added to the following GPO setting: computer configuration, windows settings, security settings, local policies, user right assignment "Log on as a batch job" Depending on the task the account should run, you maybe have to add the account to additional ones also. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 14th, 2010 11:42pm

Hi Lakend, In order to narrow down the issue, please provide the information below: 1. What’s the version of Windows that is running on the computer where you run the scheduled tasks? Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008? 2. Does your account have administrator rights on this computer? Does another user that you would like to set the scheduled task to run as have administrator rights on this computer? 3. What kind of task that you scheduled? Is it a batch job to run? If you would like to set the scheduled task to run as a non-admin account in Windows Server 2003. You will need to grant the Cmd.exe program read and excute permissions for the user account. To do this, please follow these steps: 1. Click Start , and then click Windows Explorer . 2. Locate and then right-click the Cmd.exe file. The Cmd.exe file is located in the %windir%\System32 folder. 3. Click Properties . 4. Click the Security tab. 5. Click Add . 6. In the Enter the object names to select box, type the user name that the batch job runs under, and then click OK two times. Note When you add the user, the user is automatically granted Read and Execute permissions. 7. Click Yes when you are prompted to continue. For more information, please refer to the KB article below. 867466 "Access is denied" error message when you run a batch job on a Windows Server 2003-based computer http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;867466 Regards, Karen JiThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
June 15th, 2010 10:59am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics